Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fight Like a Girl

This is the book study we are currently doing with the ladies at our church. I have to admit, being that I am not what you might call a grily girl, the cover of the book and it's bright pink color did not seem all that inviting to me, but when I opened it up and began reading I was hooked.

We are doing this study with the DVDs, there are 12 in all. There is also a workbook and a bracelet that can be purchased. So far I have only viewed the first three and I am convinced that this is a right now word for women! If you get the opportunity you will want to pick up this book. You will definitely learn some things about how women in today's world have much more to offer than many of us realize. The book might tweak your thinking just a tad, so be prepared for some pondering.

Christianity in the world today is not like the last generation or the one before it...people are looking for something real, that they can grasp and apply to their lives; something authentic that will rock the foundations of what we know to be true. This book is intended to help women find and live out their purpose and to bring home the message that we are an answer to many of the problems we deal with on a daily basis. Not saying much more, except get the book and be empowered with what you already own! Freedom to be who you were created to be.

7 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I wish I coul come to the study. It sounds great--and knowing how you feel about a lot of "women's studies" I know this one has to be good! GO, M2P! And tell Karen I said the same to her...Go, Karen! :-)

Paula V said...

What a blessing that you saw past the cover and God has/is blessing you within the cover.

I'm in study overload right now but will try to remember to suggest this as a potentional for our ladies study in six weeks.

Iris Godfrey said...

Thanks for the encouragement -- when I can breath again (time wise) I will send for the book. I am like you -- generally things aimed at women do not appeal to me. I have spent a life-time not doing them. But will try this.
Bless you!

Under there... said...

God bless you and this study group. May you encounter something "real and authentic that will rock the foundations"! God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I saw DeeAnna last night. She was absolutely raving to everyone about this amazing study and how much she loves it...and trying to get Kelly to come too. :-) I mean, I've never seen her so enthusiastic.

much2ponder said...

SO...I miss you, things went well despite the issues that came up. God is good. These women seem wonderful to me.

Paula~I saw past the cover and some other issues too...God is good! He is taking me outside of my comfort zone with these women...I thought it would be about 15, but 25 women have showed up and WOW! I was not prepared, so I needed the Lord to show up and guess what, He did.

Iris~ it is so good to hear from you...I pray your life begin to slow down soon. God knows and he has your back!

Under there, I always love when you show up...thanks for stopping by and giving your insight. much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

well thank you!

Lisa's myspace page is well worth a visit, esp for her introductionary schpeal on Fight Like a Girl.

Quote:
" One of my very very favourite scriptures, in the entire world, is Galations 5 v 1. 'It is for freedom that Christ has set you free.'
It doesn't say it's for ministry, it doesn't say it's for heaven, it says it is for freedom that Christ has set you free...."

Hum.......there's freedom just in those words.

Thank you for this post
and
Thank you for enabling me to find this link!