This morning as I sat sipping my first cup of coffee, I looked out my window to see this beautiful sunrise. With hues of pink, yellow, purple and blue took my breath away. I grabbed my camera and headed out to get a closer look. It was only about a quarter of a mile outside the city that I pulled over to take some pictures. As I marveled at the beauty of a brand new sunrise, I couldn't help but feel the Lord's mercy that is brand new each and every day.
Just a few minutes later I took this picture and as I turned to get back into my car I came face to face with a county sheriff. He had his lights on so it must have looked like I had been pulled over to passers by, but he just smiled and asked me if everything was alright. I pointed to this view and said, "I just had to get some pictures." He said, "OK, just checking."
Just a few minutes later I took this picture and as I turned to get back into my car I came face to face with a county sheriff. He had his lights on so it must have looked like I had been pulled over to passers by, but he just smiled and asked me if everything was alright. I pointed to this view and said, "I just had to get some pictures." He said, "OK, just checking."As I read I paid close attention to the red letters and soaked up each and every word in an effort to know Jesus more through gaining deeper insight about his character. When I came to Luke 5:12-13 where a man with leprosy is seeking Jesus here is what I read. When the man saw Jesus he fell to his knees and begged him to heal him. My Bible says it like this, "Lord, if you want to you can make me well again." the verse then says this, "Jesus reached out and touched the man. 'I want to', he said. "Be healed."
I felt the distinct need to pray at that moment. I realized that my attempt to understand the heart of Jesus was working as I could feel his loving presence within the four walls of my family room. As I spoke these words. "Lord, if you want to you can make me well again." in that moment the red letter words in my Bible penetrated my heart as he whispered, "I want to..."
I began to realize how out of touch I have been with the Lord in the past couple of months. This brought tears to my eyes as I accepted this truth and spoke to the Lord of what he was bringing to light in my heart. I thought of my daughter who had come to me last week and said, "Mom, where should I read in the Bible? I want to grow closer to Jesus." The only thing I knew to tell her was to go to the gospels and read; being sure to pay attention the character of the Lord. I told her to pay attention to the way he acted and reacted with people. Two days ago I began to do what I had told her to do. I began reading in the gospels noting the way Jesus reacted with people. Then this morning, his reaction to me personally as I read his words was more than I expected.
My heart is growing hungry for more of the Lord. I have been missing him so much. Thank you Lord for not leaving me as I am. I praise you for your ability to see the me you created instead of the one I have become and thank you for using my daughter to show me what I needed to do. Again today I surrender my life to you and trust that you can make me wall again. I love you Lord; have your way in my heart. Amen.
(Never underestimate the influence of a child)
Me and Kristen on her wedding day; it was a happy day!



12 comments:
WOW! Beautiful sunrise pics. Good thoughts, and the photo of you and Kristn made me laugh! I pray your Sunday is filled with God's presence, and I pray for healing for you.
Oh my gosh those pictures are beautiful!! Isn't it just amazing what God can do here? I can only imagine heaven! I hope your health is improving. Surgery can have lasting effects.
Tell me more about the bible study you are in? I have not heard of that book.
Blessings!
In His Graces~Pamela
Hi there! thank you for finding my blog again. I had been meaning to leave you a comment and never did, though I have read many of your posts.
Beautiful pictures of the sunrise....my favourite time of day. My home is up on a hill overlooking the Saint John River, where the sunrises are magnificent. I love standing in my livingroom in the dark of early morn watching the glory of the light come up over the horizon.
The picture of you and Kristen is marvellous! A sunrise joy too. Weddings are all about beginnings. :)
awesome pics!!! I found you thru awareness and took time to read over your posts. You have a deeply caring heart which sines even more as you reveal your struggles with control. I was touched alot by your post about not taking a backdoor out. I hope you will discover continual ways to minister in your congregation, you have alot to share!!
SO, thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
Pamela, God is so good. Each morning at the crack of dawn he paints a brand new piece of artwork for the world to see and again at night he does it again. The amazing thing to me is the fact that there are no two sunrises or sunsets that are the same. Much like people, each is unique and beautiful in it's own right. Still trusting the Lord with my fatigue and inability to focus and concentrate after 3:00 pm. Thanks. I wrote about the study a couple of posts back.
Awareness, thanks for stopping by. I love your writings and will come by often, in fact I added you as a blog to follow.
Robert, thanks for your kind words. I will come by and see what's new on your blog.
Gorgeous pictures indeed. Only our God could do that.
You and your daughter look alike. I can see the resemblence.
Praise the Lord for the words He is speaking to you.
Love,
Paula
Beautiful pictures! God's creation never ceases to amaze, amen?:)
And beautiful thoughts that you shared here too. I'm so thankful, like you, that the Lord sees in us all that He created us to be. Sigh.
His love endures forever!
God Bless,
Amy:)
I really love when we read our Bible and it feels like it was the first time. I love the gospels! Thank you for sharing your heart with me!
You are so sweet!
In His Love,
Angie xoxo
Paula, thanks! My kids gave me an easy share Kodak camera for Christmas and it takes amazing pictures. Best I ever took!
Amy, yes, God is good and he never gives up on us. I am so thankful for that truth!
Angie, thanks for stopping by. You are very sweet also.
What beautiful pictures! It's amazing the pictures God creates every day!
Thanks for making space in your morning to capture these images and making space on here to share them. Beauty like that creates a sacred space for worship.
What a gorgeous sunrise! Oh how God paints the mornings for us!
I love the photo of you and Kristen... such happiness and joy!
Post a Comment