Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've Been Tagged By Kristen!


My blogging buddy Kristen, tagged me! I have waited just a bit until I had enough time to post. This is a fun one!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate hands down! With whipped topping or marshmallows. I love it!

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
My parents used to just put them under the tree, but we always wrapped them so the moment would last a bit longer.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?

White lights, lots of them. I love the way they shine off of all the ornaments and they are just so pretty with the gold and deep red trimmings.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I think I had some fake mistletoe when we were younger, but we don't have it any more. So I just kiss my hubby anyplace I like:)

5.When do you put your decorations up?

We begin Thanksgiving day! My daughter comes over and we usually put the tree up together while listening to Christmas music.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Prime rib, YUM! (this is one of our new family traditions, lol)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I don't really have a favorite holiday memory. I remember how wonderful it was to hear my dad singing Oh Christmas Tree and that there seemed to be a lot of good food and drink to be had by all. I loved waking up early in the morning and sitting all alone in the living room looking at the Christmas tree in the dark. I was probably about 5 or 6. I can still see the old ornaments and tinsel in my mind. That is a good memory.

8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
That was a sad moment because it was the same year I lost my mom. Dad had me read a story and then told me the truth. It was a very sad Christmas indeed.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

It depends on when the kids are available:) We used to always open gifts on Christmas morning, but now with all the kids grown and gone we change to meet their needs.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With homemade as well as newer decorations. I love the decorations that my children made when they were small.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
I love to have a white Christmas and I think snow is beautiful, but by February...I will be ready for a change

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes...I miss it

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I love warm pajamas, but I also enjoy my camera from last year.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
The birth of Christ and my family

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Pies, cakes, homemade candies, and especially cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love Christmas Eve Service at Church and time with family

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
A beautiful angel given to me by my favorite Aunt.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I think I am better at giving. I love to make people smile.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Too many to pick just one, but two of my favorites are, Away In A Manger, Silent Night, oh did I say two? Just one more ok? Oh Come, Oh Come, Emanuel

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum!

21. What do you want for Christmas?

I really enjoy spending time with my kids and I wish my grandkids could be here, but they can't:(

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?

We used to with our church, but not so much anymore. This could change in time.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
I dress up if I am going out, but otherwise it all about the cozy comfort of a warm fire and time sitting by the tree.

24. Do you own a Santa hat.

Of course. When dad was with us he used to wear one as he passed out the gifts

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?

We spend Christmas with whoever out of our kids or whatever family are home!

Now I get to tag a few people, listed below

The Owl's Song
Adventure Before Dementia
In My Life
Denise's Place
In His Graces
I AM HEADING TOWARDS MY DESTINY

Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag!

6 comments:

Amy said...

That was a fun post!:) Thanks for tagging me; I'll let you know when I get it posted.

And even though we do have "fake" mistletoe hanging....I like to kiss my husband all over the house too.;)

Merry Christmas!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

This is a fun one. I don't know when I'll get it done, but I will. Doing work for the district on my day off, and then leaving for a few days in Wisconsin Dells! I'll let you know. Wish you were coming too!

Anonymous said...

Stock Assault 2.0 Artificial Intelligence Stock Market Software, FREE DEMO, 100% Guaranteed, 60 day 100% money back guarantee! Support available! Try it out today!http://cityofgold.stockasult.hop.clickbank.net/

diane b said...

yes. I did take the photos of the animals in the garden.
It is interesting to read your Tag answers. They differ a bit from Australian answers. I'll try to do it soon but I'm having PC problems with my anti virus program and my camera broke. Hope to be blogging soon.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Thanks for the tag! I am not good at doing these things but I will try! They are fun to read.

In His Graces~Pamela

Kristen said...

I bet your tree is gorgeous! Wish I could join you for some hot cocoa in front of the fire this Christmas season!