
The following I borrowed from a blog that I was unable to comment on or add link to. Her name is Jen Gray and can be found here: http://jengray.com/ I read this piece and it touched me so deeply. I hope she doesn't mind I cut and pasted it here. It spoke so strongly to my heart and reminded me about a good friend of mine who spoke similar words to me not long ago. My best friend and the person who loves me just as I am more than anyone else ever has. I love you (((((((((Dorcas))))))))
i remember when she told me that
this place i was in was only temporary.
and that this fog bank would not last forever.
i remember when she told me that this
darkness was not going to take me.
and that i was simply off track.
i remember when
she told me that i would receive a gift
in this after all was said and done.
and that my true nature rests in joy.
temporary
off track
gift
true nature.
this is just one part.
just one part of your entire huge life.
i know it sometimes feels like it's
just too heavy to keep walking around
with this weight.
but soon enough, it will be like that small stone
you skipped on the lake just last summer.
that is how it will be.
and soon you will forget the fog was even here.
you are not alone.
you are not broken.
you are still you.
you are capable.
you are healing.
you are going to be okay.
you are not powerless.
you are on your way.
peace....


7 comments:
You are not alone, sweet friend!
Shalom... Peace be with YOU!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Is that your mother in the pic? It sure looks like it or at least some relation. I hope it's okay to ask or insinuate.
Maybe she's a sister so please forgive me as I didn't mean to insult.
No harm intended.
That is beautiful!
I needed to hear that this morning too. (I wrote your quote down from the last post too.)
I am going to the neurosurgeon again today, because the new injury that I have been wearing the back brace for is not getting any better, and sometimes....I find myself so discouraged. I just want to be well again.
But one day "my back injury" will be light, amen? Like a small stone skipped across the lake.....
Thank you for the encouragement this morning!
God Bless,
Amy:)
I'm not her mom. I just have white hair. :-) We do look kinda alike in the picture...but not in person. Big smiles, however!
And Much 2 Ponder...WOW, wow, wow! I can't believe how that poem is like our conversation! That brought goosebumps! WOW! I am in awe of the Holy Spirit. (But I look awful in the big honkin' picture! LOL!) (((((((M2P)))))) Love you too.
Hi, I linked to that the other day in my treasure box.. didn't want to let it go. So often she says things that link to my life or others close to me in some way.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting, our paths cross on several of the blogs we visit, it is good to make contact, have a lovely day, Katie
Post a Comment