Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Simple Devotions


Above is pictured the one who wrote the quite that follows. In the last few minutes of my work day I caught a glimpse of my daily devotional calendar sitting on my desk. So with only a couple of minutes before the bell, I thought to myself...maybe I should read it. I was taken by the simple words it contained so I thought it might be nice for me to share it here. I hope you get something worthwhile out of it. It spoke directly to my heart about things that have been churning deep within my spirit these days.

"The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear. It is the storm within which endangers him, not the storm without."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thank you, M2P. Things are happening that are making me half excited and half fearful, so I needed this little quote today too. I'll fill you when I get to see you. Finished The Shack...whew!

Amy said...

That definitely speaks to me right now. I just wrote it down on a piece of paper. The storm within me is brewing, and I really needed this perspective.
Thank you!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Denise said...

Very insightful! Thank you for sharing.
Denise

Paula V said...

That is good. It makes me think of the quote, which I think actually comes from a song, that goes....

Sometimes God calms the storm.
Sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Wonderful quote you provided.

diane b said...

Sounds good advice. Calm the storm within. We are actually having a summer storm without at the moment but it is not scary just the beautiful smell of rain accompanied by a cool breeze and the twitter of happy birds. The thunder rummbles in the distance.

Kristen said...

You've been tagged!!! Can't wait to hear your answers!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Wow, thank you for sharing this. Blessings to you and your family.