A Blessing of Solitude
~John O'Donohue~
~John O'Donohue~
May you recognize in your life, the presence, power, and light
of your soul.
May you realize that you are never alone,
that your soul in its brightness and belonging connects you
intimately with the rhythm of the universe.
May you have respect for your own individuality
and difference.
May you realize that the shape of your soul is unique,
that you have a special destiny here,
that behind the facade of your life there is something
beautiful, good and eternal happening.
May you learn to see yourself with the same delight, pride,
and expectations which God sees you in every moment.
of your soul.
May you realize that you are never alone,
that your soul in its brightness and belonging connects you
intimately with the rhythm of the universe.
May you have respect for your own individuality
and difference.
May you realize that the shape of your soul is unique,
that you have a special destiny here,
that behind the facade of your life there is something
beautiful, good and eternal happening.
May you learn to see yourself with the same delight, pride,
and expectations which God sees you in every moment.
M
of


12 comments:
That is for me! If only I could find that solitude - real solitude, not just a few moments grabbed during the day. Ah well, we have to take life as it comes up. Unfortunately.
I love moments of solitude.
Gilly...that picture looks so inviting doesn't it? I hope you are able to find a place to be apart from the cares of this world and find that solitude. Solitude can be such good medicine.
Diane...I love moments of solitude. Sometimes when I don't get them my heart aches so much for finding the time necessary to just be.
That is beautiful. If only we could snap our fingers and do this. ;o)
Beth...yeah, if only we could snap our fingers and do this, but it is not that simple is it? I am blessed with the fact that I am able to get away now and again. I guess with the fact that my children are all grown and married and my husband is beginning to understand my need for solitude, I better not take my opportunities for granted. It is about that time to find a place to hide out and just be with my Lord and my thoughts. I believe God is good and he will provide this time for me. I pray he do the same for you my friend:)
Oh, how lovely! This was my favorite part: "...behind the facade of your life there is something beautiful, good and eternal happening." I never quite new how much I needed solitude until I went on a silent retreat or two. Sometimes something memorable happens to me. Sometimes nothing special occurs, and in those times I just treasure the gift of solitude and silence.
This is beautiful. There's much to discover in solitude. Amen?!
Thank you, this has blessed me today in many ways.
Heartfelt thanks,
you are a blessing and I am thankful our paths crossed.
Have a lovely weekend,
Katie
Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Denise
So beautiful!
The blessing that you posted lifted my spirit. With your permission, I would love to post it on my blog. Thank You for uplifting my spirit once again :)
Confessions...I did not see this until today. Sorry I did not respond sooner. I am having some trouble posting comments on your blog. If you get a chance maybe you can look at your settings to see what the issue is. Thanks for stopping by. I value your opinion.
Post a Comment