Monday, March 16, 2009

The View From Where I Sit

Thank you Lord for this place. It was a bit crisp, but so fresh; the early morning air. I drew in a deep breath releasing it slowly as I allowed myself to take in the beauty and the wonder of God's great earth. The sounds of geese and seagulls squawking in the distance drew my attention to the natural dance that takes place between them this time of year. Each group fighting for their rights to the small patch of open water surrounded still by the frosty ice still lingering from the harshness of winter.
As I sat and listened my senses were heightened by the awareness of all that surrounded me.It felt so wonderful to get outside for a period of time, which has been virtually impossible to do because of frigid temperatures and high winds that accompany life in the Midwest this time of year.
Stopping to take note of my surroundings, I was aware of the cool crisp air of about 30 degrees on one hand, with my face lifted to the warm sunshine on the other. The smells were sweet. The tall grass, now brown and faded from winter, had a wonderful aroma from the thawing reaction to the sun's rays.

The sounds of small birds seemed to come at me from all directions as if from surround sound. With my eyes closed I could hear even the tiniest peeps from down river. Drawn to the backdrop of the blue sky painted so perfectly on the other side of the weathered cattails, I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. The view of the sky through the trees as I lay with back down on a nearby picnic table brings peace and wholeness to my yearning heart.
It felt as though my mind, body, and soul were reaching out in an effort to absorb every conceivable experience. Enveloped by the awareness that I serve a God who loves me enough to give my senses exactly what they need, at the precise time it was needed; I thought to myself, How majestic is He!?; the one who created all if it!
Here in my little corner of the world I am blessed to note His presence in the simple, yet complex surroundings he has created and placed me within. I am overtaken by the realization of how much I have been missing Him these past few weeks.

Thank you Lord for loving me...

15 comments:

Denise said...

This post is so beautiful! The pictures are really nice, and your descriptive writing is superb. I feel like I'm there seein all this for myself. Thank you for making my day.
Denise :)

much2ponder said...

Denise!... Hi, how are you doing? I love seeing your smile as you probably know since I always say it. You remind me of someone. Oh yeah, it is that person at work that is always smiling, upbeat and makes even difficult things seem easy and fun. You are a blessing aren't you!

Beth in NC said...

So beautiful!!! Your description helped us enjoy the moment with you!

Love,
b

much2ponder said...

Beth...thanks! That truly was my intention. It was so wonderful to get outside and enjoy the big blue sky:) Made me very very happy and at peace. God is good!

Paula V said...

Beautiful pictures revealing the majesty in His creation.

AutoDT said...

Thank you for sharing such beautiful photographs...

Have a nice week.

Cyrus

much2ponder said...

Paula...thanks so much for stopping by, I am covering you in prayer tonight:) God is in control, amen? Amen!

Cyrus...your picture is interesting. Is that really what you look like? Thank you for stopping by and given a bit of feedback. You bless me.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Beatiful words and fabulous pictures! I wish I had been with you on this beautiful morning, but if I had you might have missed some of the things you saw and heard. :-)

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

Breathtaking post :)

much2ponder said...

SO...as you know, I was thinking of you part of the time and kind of wishing you were with me, but it is true, I likely needed to be alone to experience what I did.

Confessions...so glad to see you here. I have been reading your blog, but still unable to post a comment. I hope you don't think I have abandoned you. I try to leave comment as a Google user and it asks for me to type in a word, but there is not word visible. :( I don't even get the opportunity to leave a comment anonymously. You might get more comments if you go to a different option for leaving comments. Just a thought:)

lil kiss said...

This makes me smile :) I love time alone with God. Cant wait for walks with God outside again this summer!

Denise said...

Hi. I have an award for you over at my place. Come by and get it when you have time.
Thanks so much for your sweet comments!
Denise :)

Debra Kaye said...

The pictures were just perfect with the words of your heart laid open before us. God is so good..I'm so glad you were blessed.

I was blessed by being here today!

much2ponder said...

lil kiss...you bless me more than you know and not just because you are my daughter, more so because you are you. I love you!

Denise...thanks for the award, I will get right on it! As soon as I finish my next post:)

Debra...good to see you here. Thanks for stopping by and thanks also for choosing to follow my blog.

diane b said...

So serene and peaceful. Beautiful shots and words.