Sunday, June 14, 2009

God is so good!

Kristen and Aaron are our daughter and her husband. They have been together since they were teens. They got married in October 2006. Since that time they have suffered the lose of two very important people in their lives. Aaron's father passed away just one month after they were married and his mother passed away in April of this year. They have had a lot to deal with since their marriage started, which has had both me and Ray concerned for them. Ray and I have shed more than a few tears and said many prayers over these two.

At this time I am happy to share that it seems like Aaron and Kristen are beginning to see the proverbial "silver lining" around the dark cloud that has overshadowed their short marriage.
I am excited to announce that the long awaited pregnancy has finally become a reality.

Text Message I got from Kristen this morning and I quote:
"I'm 7 weeks pregnant today:) the baby is growing its extremities this week and is the size of a blueberry." Kristen has been tracking the progression of the fetus with information she found here.


We are very excited for a new little one in our family and since Kristen lives right in the same town we do we are even more excited to know we will be involved in the child's life on a regular basis. How wonderful is our God? More wonderful than words can express. I have seen no greater miracle than that of new life. God is so good!

Lord you are faithful and I will praise You with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. Psalm 9:1

32 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Congratulations all! What a wonderful announcement.
Look forward to hearing progress toward the event!
Linda

lil kiss said...

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

It is so wonderful! It is time for those two to have some great news, huh? :-) And so good for you and Ray as well. Makes me smile!

EJ said...

God is great all the time!

ryliej said...

Congratulations to the new addition...

Gilly said...

So pleased for you all! I pray all will go well throughout the pregnancy.

A Grandmother eh!

surjit singh said...

Wonderful news.God is great.My best wishes.

Beth Herring said...

Oh I am so excited for you! Nanahood is just best - as you know.

Many blessings,
Beth

much2ponder said...

Hi Linda, nice to see you...it's been a while. You will likely get periodic updates about my new grandbaby.

Love you Kristen!

SO...you will have a front row seat when this little one comes on the scene. You will likely be one of the first to know

Joops, thanks for popping over here. I will get back over to see you soon:)

ryliej...nice to finally meet you and thanks for stopping by.

Gilly! We are very excited about this new little bundle of joy that the Lord has graced us with. This one will be number four grandchild, but the only one close by. God is good!

surjit...good to see you again. Been trying to keep up to date with the happenings over at your place. I'll be over again soon:)

Beth...yes I am very excited too. Thanks for sharing in the joy with me:)

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Congrat's!!!! God is truly so faithful.....and your daughter and her husband are just ONE....example.

Blessings.

bluedreamer27 said...

marriage should establish a strong foundation and that is waht i see to them
thanks for sharing pat
oh by the way Just want to hear your thoughts
upon this article stating
"iS money is the root of all Evil?"
heres the link
http://breaking-the-boundaries.blogspot.com/2009/06/is-money-root-of-all-evil.html

LisaShaw said...

O PRAISE THE LORD! PAT!! I'm so excited for them and for you and Ray. A baby is on the way!

I love being Grandma to two precious little girls and I know you are going to just love that Grandbaby with everything you've got within you.

I pray God's blessings over your daughter for a safe and healthy baby and I pray for this to be a time of peace and comfort for her husband and for her in the loss of his Dad and Mom. They are a beautiful couple.

Thanks for sharing with us. Congratulations to the family. I look forward to LOADS OF BABY PHOTOS!!!

Love ya.

LisaShaw said...

Now you have another little one to add to your growing list of adorable Grandbabies!

I will visit your other friend tomorrow sweetie that you shared with me. I'm signing off for tonight. Love ya.

much2ponder said...

Kim...thank you for coming over here. I haven't seen you in a while. It's always nice to see your smile:)

bluedreamer...you are correct about the foundational work of marriage. I will pop over and see your post when I come home from work today.

Lisa...thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. You bless me so much!

Paula V said...

This is precious. I'm glad the difficulties in their short marriage is making them stronger not weaker. I've seen hard times pull two apart when it should join them tighter.

I love her comment "growing extremities". Cute.

Congrats!

much2ponder said...

Paula...it's been a while! Thanks for stopping by, I'll pop over to your site and see what's new:)

AutoDT said...

Great news!...Congratulations...very happy for your family...

God bless.

Cyrus

diane b said...

Thats great news. Glad to here their luck has changed. you must be relieved.

much2ponder said...

Yes Diane, we are relieved:) Thanks for coming over for a visit. I'm headed over to your place right now!

EJ said...

Congratulations on the new addition!

much2ponder said...

Joops...we have so much to be thankful for! Thank you!

Rainbow dreams said...

how exciting and thank you for sharing :) the journey of a child is so incredible.

Marja said...

Oh what a delight that must have been for you and your daughter and husband, who already had to go through so much.
My daughter has found her soulmate as well although it is a bit early to say She has a boyfriend for over 2 years who is her friend for over 3
Anyway a lot of good luck and bless you

bluedreamer27 said...

hello pat just visiting you here
have a great weekend

much2ponder said...

RD... thanks, yes we are very excited! Another journey begins:)

Marja... thanks for stopping by, I'll come over to your place again in the next few days to see what's going on.

much2ponder said...

bluedreamer...thanks for coming back, you always brighten my day:)

Robin said...

New life is an amazing thing! My first grand-baby was due on June 18, he/she is taking their time coming into this world. Congrats on this new baby...

much2ponder said...

Robin...yes this will be her first child, but it will be our fourth grandchild:) though the others live 1000 miles away.

surjit singh said...

Thank you Much2ponder, for your words of appreciation on my latest post.
I shall be glad to see it on your wonderful blog too.
God bless.

sojourner said...

this is the second announcement of a new baby i've heard today in blogland! congratulations!

Denise said...

Hi m2p! I've been out of blogland for quite a while but wanted to stop by today and check on my friends. Congratulations!! So happy for you all.
Denise

bluedreamer27 said...

hello pat thanks for dropping by at my Little corners
you were right ...
Superkid is my lil bro
they prefer to used their codenames too haha