
"The Lord will offend the mind to reach the heart."
Oh my, this little sentence says so much...can you see it?
To me this means that the things of God that I cannot wrap my brain around are likely the very things he uses to reach my heart. Which in turn tells me I should not think so much about the things of God. Simply believe! It really is that simple isn't it?
Not sure who I am quoting here, but I found it at Manna Word. If you have not yet found this bolg, I encourage you to pop over there and spend a little bit of your time. You will not be disappointed. Iris shares her heart and her experiences with the Lord in terms that fall under biblical truth. I love reading her thoughts and listening as well as viewing her pod casts. This little 5 foot woman is a dynamo when it comes to the richness of her understanding of the Word of God.
John 11:40
Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
God is so much more than good... :)
Iris is the second one in on the left in this photo. I'm pretty sure this is a picture of her family. Blessings my friend, you bless me so much.


20 comments:
"Offend the mind to reach the heart." That one does get you thinking. Rebuke could fit in here. Rebuke can be very offensive, but can certainly reach the heart if we have a humble spirit. A lot of food for thought here. wb
Warren...thanks again for stopping by. Your words encourage my heart. Blessings to you my friend.
Hi "much2ponder," How you bless me with this. I just read it as I have been away this week-end in ministry and am just now getting on-line. The photo is my family (husband and natural born children - have two adopted not in the photo) as we sang together at my ordination last November. It was a night of rich blessings in my heart. Thank you for sharing with me this way.
Blessings!
I try each day to surrender to this message but it's a difficult process to let go of our own controlling ways. though we make choices in how we live our lives on a daily basis, to know we have God as the ultimate Guide sure helps a lot.
Your Iris photos? I have the same flowers blooming right out my front door too. They just blossomed over the weekend. such beautiful flowers aren't they?
Enjoy your week!!! Happy Monday!
Friend-good timing with what I read here on offending the mind to grow the heart...I posted a prayer request tonight for a friend who is in so much need on prayer. If you have a moment...thanks.
His Maidservant~Pamela
I was stuck on "Offend the mind to reach the heart." That is powerful meat to chew on.
Your message is thought provoking and powerful. The photos were beautiful and Iris must be a very special lady :)
I love that Bible photo. May I use that some time if it's not personal to you?
I came over dear sister to say I received your prayer requets and said a prayer...I stand with you.
Blessings and love to you and your family.
Very thought provoking quotes...thank you for sharing your words of wisdom...
God bless:)
Cyrus
Iris...glad to see you here today. Oh congratulations on your ordination. From your ministry I can tell you are a diligent woman with a heart for the things of God. You bless me as well:)
Pamela...I will be sure to pop over to your blog and read and then pray for your friend as soon as I finish with these comments.
Lisa! Hi! You are more than welcome to use that picture. Actually I found it on line. Just goggled word of God under images and bang, there it was. I really like it too.
Cyrus...didn't mean to forget you. Your quotes always bless me as well. I'll be right over to see what's new on your blog:)
Awareness...good to see you, almost missed you. how are things going in your corner of the world?
Very thought provoking Offend the mind to reach the heart
Maybe because what affects us is were we have to learn
Marja...glad you stopped by. Perhaps you are correct about that:)
many people loose their hope because they dont believe in God. they're telling that they never seen God so how will they make believe of him
Faith is the only how to see God and to do so, we should trust and beleive with his glory and we will be blessed
Came back over to say thanks dear one for letting me use the photo. It's so beautiful.
Bluedreamer...you have wisdom beyond your years. Thank you for sharing here:)
Lisa...no problem, besides I think I am likely to borrow something from you very soon, lol.
Do you ever read RCUBES blog? She also works with the incarcerated, as a nurse. She has some great stories. If you go to my Family Fountain blog she has her image there in my following block. But, it is a scene, not a face. Tell her I recommended you to her. wb
Warren...thank you for the tip...I will look into her blog.
Hi much2ponder. Nice to meet you. Thank you for visiting me [well, thanks be to the Lord and bro. Warren for his kind recommendation :)]. I had a face before but decided to keep anonymous again with the scene :) lol.
You're right about saying it is a big challenge in this place where we work but I'm so glad that the Lord brought me there, after 10 yrs. working in an Orthopedic setting. I have never seen so many hurting souls in need of His grace in "close-up". Praying for your safety sister and may the Lord continue to guide us with His wisdom as we bring His light [by His grace] into that dark place. I'll be visiting you and if you don't mind, I'd love to add you in my blog roll so I can instantly see your new posts. Blessings to you.
RCUBEs...thanks so much for stopping by and for your encouraging comment. It is good to know someone else in blog world who kind of understands the world I live in. I will pop over to your blog again real soon:)
Thanks a lot for your wonderful comments on my posts, your visits and thoughts are much appreciated..
thanks for sharing the link too..
Post a Comment