Friday, October 16, 2009

Bitter Sweet Reunion

Raymie, Kristen and Jeremy

Monday Ray and I were home for the day and three fourths of our children were here also. Normally this would have been a happy occasion, but this time it was a bitter sweet reunion. Oh sure, it was fun to spend time with them laughing, eating, watching football, laughing some more and just hanging out. But in reality my heart was hurting knowing all the while that yet another of our four children would be moving 11 hours away.

The morning was a cold with overcast and a few sprinkles, but I woke up and realized the importance of spending time with my family and living in the moments the Lord had blessed us with. With my heavy heart, I spoke to the Lord concerning my attitude and it wasn't long before I made the decision to spend the day in the woods. What better way to be close to God and my family at the same time?
We took a drive just over 20 miles from our home, parked our cars; one at one end of the trail and another at the other end. Then we commenced on our four mile walk in the woods of Kettle Moraine State Forrest. This is such a beautiful time of year.

While in the woods I couldn't help but take a few moments to note the beauty all around me. The vibrant colors of Autumn captured my view and I in turn captured bits of it in these photos.
I love the contrast between the colors, and shades of gray

Jeremy and Joanna along the trail

Aaron, Kristen with baby on the way:)

Jeremy and Joanna again (close up) They are moving to Missouri:(

In the photo above you can see the trees so random with older lifeless ones lying about. I love the natural beauty in this shot

In contrast to the random trees above; it is obvious these trees were intentionally planted in rows. This created another aesthetic all together. I like it just as much as the previous shot, for different reasons.

Here we are in the woods, me and Ray

In this photo is my son Raymie and me. Raymie came home to help Jeremy and Joanna move. At least they are moving to the same state, perhaps the same city. At the end of our four mile walk stood Parnell tower. Don't let my calm appearance and smile fool you. I couldn't wait to get down from there. My knees were shaking all the while.

All in all it was a full and fun day. When we got home I had a pot of chilly all ready and waiting for us. God is so good. He helps me find joy in the simple things in life. I am blessed. Thank you for stopping by. I hope my simple life blessed you in some way today:)




21 comments:

Anonymous said...

walking in trees......fun

much2ponder said...

MMP...nice to see you:)

bluedreamer27 said...

wow the place is so beautiful and very relaxing, sometimes i realized that it is better to live outside and far from the city. Its nice to embrace the nature

diane b said...

There is nothing more beautiful than spending time with your family and a walk in the woods. You had a simply lovely day except for the sadness of them moving away.I understand as I have one lot living in London on the other side of the world and the other s are in Sydney (12 hour drive/1.5 hour flight)but with modern communication it is not too bad.

much2ponder said...

Bluedreamer...always a welcome moment when I see your smiling face. You are right. Sometimes it is best to get far away from the city. The great outdoors is there and waiting. I know for it is a matter of slowing down and taking the time to notice the gifts given in the simple things in life. God is so good.

Diane...I can tell you hear my heart on this one. I want all of my children to find their own way and fulfillment, but that doesn't stop this pain in my heart. It simply is the cycle of life and I need to change with the seasons of my life. That my friend, is not as easy to do as I once thought. Thank you for encouraging me and understanding.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Beautiful pictures in a nice place, always nice to be!

much2ponder said...

PN...thanks for stopping by. Good to see you again:)

swilek said...

i just read your comment at girl found..i have been on a wee bit of a sabattical from blogging too..it is good to be back...good to read your update too..love the pics of your hike in the woods...a lovely family you have..sorry they are so far away!

Paula V said...

Great pictures, great memories. I love the beauty you captured...the colorful leaves. And the trees in a row...that would be so fun to walk the lines, twisting and curving through them.

Thanks for sharing the beauty of your family and the beauty of God's nature. I could feel the coolness of the weather on my face and body and you adventured through the woods for me.

much2ponder said...

Swile...I remember you. I used to pop over to see you once in a while a year or so ago. Good to see you are still out there. thanks for Stopping over.

Paula...you are so sweet. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I always love to hear from you. What have you been up to?

Warren Baldwin said...

Photos are beautiful! Beauty of nature.

I know it is hard for the kids to be moving away! We are in that transition stage now, too. God bless.

much2ponder said...

Warren...thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read what is going on in my part of the world. You always bless me.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I can really understand how you feel. Of our five children all but one lives here, eight of our grandchildren as well. Your pictures are wonderful. Thank you!!! Cathy

bluedreamer27 said...

hi there my friend just dropping by here again
please visit my new site if you have time
BLUEDREAMER
thanks
have a great day and God Bless

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Such joy and sadness all mixed up! Concentrate on the little one on the way! (((hugs)))) Sure miss you, my friend.

much2ponder said...

Bluedreamer...I did visit, but had a bit of trouble. I will try again.

SO...it was a fun day and I really am thinking about our new arrival to come soon. My focus has been more on the life I live today than the one I used to know. That helps me a lot:)

AutoDT said...

Nice pictures!

Your strong faith will guide you...and give you inner strength...

God bless!

Cyrus

much2ponder said...

Rumi...thanks again for stopping by. Your encouragement is much appreciated:)

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you, I saw some of these pics on fb, sorry it was bittersweet - can feel that. Noone can ever prepare you for moments like this, much love, Katie, x

much2ponder said...

Katie...thank you:)

LisaShaw said...

Pat, I saw enjoyed viewing the photos and reading your family experience and as I did I said a prayer for you and your family.

Love and blessings,
Lisa