Monday, November 09, 2009

Love Lives a Life Without Regret


The person that Jesus is has me feeling aware of him today.

Listening to a radio sermon by Chuck Swindoll, something he shared really struck me. He was talking about the character of Jesus and the fact that Jesus never had to apologized for anything, ever! He treated people in ways that never called for him to have to make amends. The words Jesus spoke were deliberate and with purpose. Truth be known, he only spoke when something needed to be said.

Jesus did nothing outside of his own character. He is our best role model. Today I am going to do my best to listen more speak less and look at people through the eyes of Jesus. I am touched by the thought that Love lives a life without regret.

I pray your day will be full of moments with Him. Let him speak to your heart today:)

John 17:13 (New King James Version)

13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

9 comments:

LisaShaw said...

What a beautiful and powerful message. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings and love.

Beth Herring said...

Speaking less. A lesson I need to learn. My husband always says theres a reason that God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. We need to listen twice as much as we speak.

Great post.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
much2ponder said...

Lisa...thanks so much for your genuine words of encouragement. Love to see your smiling face.

Beth...good to see you also. You always bless me when you stop by. I'll pop over to read what's new on your blog soon. Been letting my husband use my computer for an online course he is taking so have little time.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

"Love lives a life without regret", this is so good! Here is another one, you may be interested to: "We live once and we die for ever...". Keep thinking and smiling. Have a great day!

much2ponder said...

Phivos...thanks for the encouragement:)

bluedreamer27 said...

we must live life to the fullest right?

by the way, i just posted something about PayingPost.com...if you know something about them please feel free to share your thoughts
http://bluedreamer27.blogspot.com

Gilly said...

Beautiful message - but I have so very many regrets! Not so much I did wrong, but just made the wrong choice!

:-(

bingoboat fan said...

Jesus Christ is indeed a perfect role model! It's quite a challenge on having to look on people through the eyes of Jesus. But I remember something that Mother Teresa said that she sees Jesus in every suffering person and this points out that we should not be harsh on them.
Human as I am I accept that I can make mistakes but I turn to God and ask Him for forgiveness and wisdom. Whenever I do so, I feel relieved and somehow erasing all regrets because sometimes we need to feel hurt in order to learn. But after that, we can move forward.