Friday, January 29, 2010

Through the Eyes of Love

I’ve often wondered about our fascination with knowing what we are supposed to be doing and making sure we are lining our lives up with God’s purpose for our lives. I don’t think God looks at us as though we are to fulfill a certain purpose or as if we could somehow find the magic key that would open the way to the exact place and time where we are meant to be living out our purpose.

We people are the ones who complicate things. If we are living our lives to the best of our ability in obedience to him while recognizing our inability to get things “right” maybe we would be able to accept ourselves as we are and as the Lord does. I have a difficult time believing we serve a God who looks at us through the filter of our potential. How can that be true when the Bible tell us that he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His love does not grow or diminish with our triumphs and failures.

Another important truth is the fact that he doesn’t see us as we see ourselves. Due to the fact that we see ourselves through eyes of our own rejection, pain and failures; our view is skewed and minimized. When the Lord looks at us he sees through his heart toward us. He sees the person he created through the eyes of LOVE. That is why it makes so much sense to gain understanding of his view over our own.

For me it is as though once I stopped trying to “become” the person I thought I needed to be, that is when I was able to just “be” the person that I am and accept myself as I am. I am no expert in the area of total surrender and rest in the Lord. I am but a work in progress, but truth be known, my walk with him began to make more sense when I began to simply believe what his word says about me and I began to get a picture of his heart toward me. God is so good. I don’t deserve him, I know that, but still he loves me and grants me mercy and grace.

8 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Well said...being....the best we can...
Linda

Mike's Travels said...

I love this post... His love does not grow or diminish with our triumphs and failures. This is so true. Thank you !

much2ponder said...

Linda...good to see you again, glad you stopped by.

Mike...Thank you for coming over and sharing your view. I appreciate your comment. Nice to see you again by the way. It's been a while, but I will be honest, I have not been blogging all that much and have fallen out of the loop.

LisaShaw said...

Praise the Lord dear friend!

much2ponder said...

(((Lisa)))...been thinking of you sweet friend. Hope all is well in your little corner. Things here are well. Kristen should have that baby any time. She is officially two days over due and none too happy about it. I have spent the last four days with her helping her to stay busy and keep her mind off the fact that she hasn't had him yet. Don't know if it's working though:)

LisaShaw said...

Touching base friend to let you know I'm praying for your daughter and the precious bundle of joy that's on the way. Looking forward to hearing the news soon (smile).

Love and hugs.

Warren Baldwin said...

"We people are the ones who complicate things."

So true. We do ourselves a favor if we accept his grace and offer of relationship. Instead, we want to complicate things, or can't help doing that, largel b/c of pride. Good post.

bluedreamer27 said...

that is way i always believe in the thought stating "We are not living to please other people" coz for me , we are living for God, we are what we are, we are the best that we can be and Tht's what god wants us to be...
thanks for sharing pat.. finally i was able to visit you here
hava a great day my friend and happy blogging!!