3 days ago
Monday, April 05, 2010
Illuminate My Heart Lord
Luke 22:31-32 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers."
As I read my Bible from the Passover meal to the resurrection in Luke, my heart was drawn to this verse. The reason for that has to do with the likeness of my relationship with Jesus to that of Peter. I realized that there have been times when I have doubted and have turned from His Truth, but at the same time, He has held me close to His heart. A measure I do not deserve. I can relate to Peter in many ways. He was human, and real.
I prayed this scripture over myself asking the Lord to illuminate my heart because I, like Peter, am much in need of a Savior who will plead for me in prayer, that my faith should not fail as I am sifted. So when I have repented and turned to him again, I will live out the call for my own life. Thank you Lord for the tug on my heart that reminds me that my life is meant to strengthen and encourage others. I plead also Jesus, that in the sifting process my heart will soften and perhaps grow a bit more pure.
Thank you Lord for speaking to me through your word. Let it be so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
Love the power of God's Word. And love the fact that He can use us when we have turned back to Him.
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.
Amen! I like you, like Peter need a God who untercedes like He did for Peter.
How are you friend? Stilling a few moments on the computer today...miss this blog world!
Praying for you to have a specia day!!!
Believing Him~Pamela
Tiffany...yes it seems to be a revolving door at times, one that He keeps open and he draws me in time and time again. Thank you for popping over. Blessings my friend.
Pamela...good to see you again. Thank you for you sweet words and encouragement. You bless me. :)
Hi M2P. I've popped over about four times now...not sure why...to read what you wrote. It touches my heart, and each time I read it I pray that prayer with you. For me and for you. Da bot' of us.
SO...glad you could find a bit of time to stop by, and you are welcome as you know to stop as often as you like. I miss you. Ya'll come back now, ya hear? :)
Amen!!!:)...What a nice prayer!!!
God bless:)
Cyrus
Thank you Cyrus. Good to see you again.
Thank you for this tender and special sharing of your heart dear friend. I'm glad I was able to stop in. How is that newest grandbaby?
I pray blessings over your entire family.
Much love!
Lisa! Hi! So glad you stopped by. Grand-baby is doing fine. I will stop over to your blog soon to see what's new.
"I prayed this scripture over myself."
That is a great approach to private devotion.
Thanks for the recent visit. wb
Hey Warren, thanks for stopping by. I have had difficulty getting to your blog through followers. So I was so glad to find you else-ware so I could find you again. I love your deep commitment to living your purpose for God.
The resurrection is proof of God's power, power at work in resurrecting Jesus and in sustaining us today. Great message.
Note - this was as good as the first time I read it!
And, as a follow-up, partly b/c of your comment I figured out how to change the settings in a picture in the follow gadget. So, now you should be able to click on my picture in your follow box and find Family or Bible Fountain. Thanks!
Hello, I came via "Over the Backyard Fence". Blessing to the new member of the family. I am sure from reading your blog he will never know a day when Christ was not in his life. May he be a blessing to all he come in contact through-out his life.
I have enjoyed reading your comments about Simon and satan. I have had that same challenge, it was very beneficial in my life.
Blessing to you as you walk with the lord.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It was a blessing to me. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd
Just stopped by to say I pray all is well with you and your family. Hugs and blessings!
Hey there! I was thinking about you and got online to see how you are? I said a prayer for you and your family.
Blessings!
Post a Comment