Sunday, August 21, 2005

I Am Inspired by My Children

Each one of my children has been an inspiration to me in one way or another. With three boys and one girl there was never a dull moment in our house, especially durning the early years. Times are different now with only two kids left at home. Well I can’t hardly call them kids anymore since Kristen is 22 and Jeremy is about to turn 20.

I have been thinking a lot lately about our family and the early years and I have many regrets as I’m sure most parents do, but I also have something special to take away from those memories and that is the unique difference in each of my children and how my heart and life has been touched by each one.



Andy 26 is the oldest and has a wonderful, playful personality. As a child Andy was usually the one with all the fun ideas and everyone else just followed his lead. Rarely ever did we see him without hearing laughter or seeing a smile on his face. He has taught me how to be childlike and still have dignity. Today he is a father of three and it is obvious he understands the importance of allowing children to be who they are created to be.


Ray 24 is gifted in areas such as Art and Music and
can be a bit more on the serious side. He and I relate on a deep level. He has the ability to see deep inside a situation, has great understanding and insight and has taught me how to see things from fresh and new perspectives. When I am having difficulty with a situation, I will often give him a call and ask him for his view. He usually has just the right words at just the right time…I guess you would call that wisdom.


Kristen 22 is a ball of energy; always has been. She takes life on the light side and pretty much goes where the wind blows her. We have spent much time together just being girls and even though our personalities are very different, we have much in common. Through watching her become a young woman, I have learned to enjoy my own womanhood. She has helped me to see that I can have fun and feel good about being a woman and she gives the word “primp” new meaning.


Jeremy 20 is what I call a “gentle giant”. He is noted for his ability to relax and watch life happen. There is no pretense with Jeremy. He has the ability to just be himself at all times. Jeremy has taught me how to relax and enjoy the moment and probably shows more affection than all the others combined. He loves to walk into a room and pick me up off of my feet and swing me around. I know that when I hear the words “Mom, I love you,” he has something in mind.

The important thing to note in all of my children is that their uniqueness and personality traits have been with them from the beginning. Each of them has had these same qualities from early on and I can see how the Lord is using their uniqueness to bring them to where he wants them in this world. Each one of them has added a great deal to my life. Combined they can be a lot of fun too.


2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

This was fun to read, and the pictures are great too. Especially the last one! I love your kids!

much2ponder said...

I was looking at that last picture and realized what they were saying. Just before I took the picture I told them to say "CHICKENS" and that is why the are making those faces. Ha ha~!