
The Process
Sometimes, or I should say…whenever I deal with feelings that I don’t completely understand I struggle. The issue seems to be that I am not certain exactly what it is I am struggling with. I have come to realize that during this part of the process I am going through at the moment I need to remain in this place until something changes. In addition to my struggle, I am dealing with the reality that there is nothing I can do to speed up the process. The change will come. I may not recognize it at first as I seldom do, but it always comes.
As I sit and contemplate, I grasp the reality that in my melancholy state, my mind goes to a place that seeks ways to help the process along. My heart and mind are clinging to the hope that the struggle might end a bit sooner. At the same time I have learned from experience that God’s timing is best and anything that happens outside of his timing will only prolong his intended outcome. When every human cell in my body cries out for change, I do my best to wait, stand firm, and trust in him. And I have come to realize that this “process” is only a small part of the total process.
Letting Go
My thoughts take me to a place where I can see myself speaking with people who have struggled in dealing with their process. I begin to think of ways I have used to comfort them in their struggles. I generally end up asking them some simple questions.
1. Is there anything you can do about the problem?
2. What can you do to change it?
3. Who can change it?
4. Are you willing to release it to God?
These questions usually lead to prayer that will allow the hurting person to release the issue, relationship or circumstance to God. I pose those very questions to myself, knowing full well there is nothing I can do about the way I feel, but my words of wisdom to others do little to comfort me. This leads me to believe an uncomplicated truth. I need to allow these feelings in me to do the work that they are intended to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment