Sunday, February 17, 2008


Never Send Your Husband to Pick Up Yellow Cake!

If you live with a NASCAR nut as I do you might understand this, but if not just disregard. This morning while getting ready for the Daytona 500 (super bowl of racing) my husband realized he needed to run to the store for a couple of things before our annual Daytona 500 party. I asked him to pick up a yellow cake and some chocolate frosting. He brought home a yellow cake mix and some chocolate frosting. It was yellow, literally, but in his haste he did not read the box and brought home a lemon cake. I don’t think he knew there was such thing as a “yellow cake” mix, but at least he got the color right. I love that guy!

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hee hee...so did you make the lemon cake and put chocolate frosting on it?

much2ponder said...

no...I had my friend Wendy bring some vanilla frosting over and we had yellow (lemon) cake with white frosting. lol