Saturday, February 23, 2008



Spirit of Humility

I ask the Lord to fill my spirit with the humility that can only come from understanding his heart. Expanding my capacity for humility means I must die to myself to a greater degree and this undoubtedly means further heartache for me. When I ask for a humble spirit, in spite of the fact that it means more of me must die, I am unsure of where this dying will lead me. There is no way I can know the depth of my soul that will be touched by my request, yet still I ask. I do not ask on my own accord however, for I am compelled to ask by the very nature of God living in me. The battle rages on between the Spirit and the flesh. As each side fights to win the affections of my heart, I am drawn once again to the bosom of the one who loves me without condition and I give the Lord dominion over my life once more.

1 comment:

Christie Todd said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. I read your comment on my blog and I was wondering how you found me? I appreciate your encouragement and enjoyed your blog also. I can tell by the few entries I read, you have a gift for writing. You go girl!
Christie Todd
Awaken the Heart Ministries