Saturday, June 14, 2008

Coffee with the Lord

There is nothing better than waking up early and spending my first moments with the Lord. Coffee with God is something I look forward to every day. This morning the sun was shining and the birds were singing and for a little while it felt as though all was right with the world. I am reminded of how much I need this time of refreshing each day.

As I take my first sip of coffee and open my day with the Word of God it seems I am somehow taken to a place far away from the reality of what the world has to offer. I feel particularly blessed today with a sense of peace that has not been present in my life for some time. Maybe all IS well with the world after all. When I look at this one life I have to live from the perspective that the Lord has everything under control, areas of concern seem to fall into the background becoming little more than a far off noise that I am aware of, but not loud enough to distract me from what the Lord offers. My heart is touched by the realization that His good far outweighs the evil in my life.

This morning as I continue in reading 2 Corinthians I am reminded of God’s divine providence with this verse. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NIV

“To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Keeping things in perspective is something I struggle with, but for today I am reminded that His grace is sufficient and though I am weak…He is strong. The fact that the Lord’s power is made perfect in my weakness encourages me to be more real with people and therefore more at peace with my circumstances. This life is worth the heart ache as long as I have the Lord. God is way better than good, Amen?

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thank you for this encouraging post--and the lovely picture. I got up a little late, but I'm heading out to the deck to have some coffee with God right now. What a beautiful day!