
I have been a (conscious) believer in Christ for the past 11years, but I think I may be beginning to understand something in a brand new way. I am realizing that I limit God because of my limited view of who he really is. Today I came to the conclusion that thought I have spent much time studying the word of God and I felt I knew the Lord intimately, I have very little understanding, knowledge or wisdom concerning his ways. My view of God is incorrect. The reasons for my distorted view of God are many and I suspect I will be dealing with those issues as this process unfolds.
Most often realizations can be seen as a positive in my life because they lead me to a change in my perception. The problem with that is, I'm a doer. When I see something that needs changing, I usually get right on it. Realizing that this type of response to the Lord will likely lead to gaps in my perception later, I want to allow the Lord to work instead of doing things with my limited ability and knowledge. My prayer for myself as I unbury the hidden treasure, that is God himself, is that I will accept those areas where I have been unaware. I pray my heart, mind, and spirit will be open to the voice of God and that I would allow the Holy Spirit to work within me.
For the next few days I will be posting about this new understanding about my view of God. I will share how I came to this conclusion and maybe I will even find out some things along the way that will broaden my view. Please keep me in your prayers. I ask the Lord to help me with my thoughts by giving me the "mind of Christ" I Cor. 2:16. My plan for now is to buckle my own narrow view in the backseat for a while as I allow Jesus to reveal the TRUTH to me from the driver's seat.


3 comments:
Praying for you in your pondering and listening to God....
((((Much 2 Ponder)))
I do not believe you are alone in having a limited view of God or "putting Him in a box". God is SO huge and so complex in so many ways. His ways are not our ways and many of the things He does is beyond our understanding.
I'm excited to see a fellow believer willing and wanting to step out of the box and to step into a new light with the Lord. We have many people who I believe have become stagnant in their relationship with Jesus. I was there for a couple years...I felt lost in where to learn, grow, serve, minister through and about Jesus. I lost my vision. I lost my focus.
I just stopped and prayed for you.
Looking forward to your future posts about these wondering insights and changes our Lord is shining on your heart.
Paula
Hi, Your sight is fantastic and Love your writings. I will be back to read more of your sight!
I am also trying to step-out of that box, I have this desire to learn more and more right now, it's like a fire set under me, and I'm dancing crazly for the Lord.
I will be back!
Have a Blessed Day!!
Sharon
Post a Comment