Wednesday, June 18, 2008


Like a Rushing River... is He

The river is running high and fast since last weekend with all the rain. Sitting next to it today I couldn't help but feel the energy of the force and power of the water as it rushed by. I was taken back to about a year ago when I sat next to this same river with a dear young friend that I fondly refer to as little red. We walked to this river where we took a little time to talk, listen and pray. It was in this very spot that she shared her thoughts and feelings about life, about the Lord, about her future husband and about where the Lord might be taking her. Today she is on a mission trip in Africa because she chose not to question God, but to take a step in faith. I am more than blessed by the spirit of this young woman. She is doing things my heart has only dreamed of doing.


While sitting next to the river I prayed that the Lord would give me the same simplicity in my faith as I have experienced in knowing little red. I believe my heart was enlarged a little in that moment. As I found myself mesmerized by the movement of the water I was once again awakened to the understanding that though there are times when it seems He might be doing nothing, the Lord is always moving. What seems like stillness may be the calm before what is yet to come.


Like a river the Lord has times of stillness, but still waters run deep and though it may not seem like it, he is always working in one form or another to bring about
his will in the lives of those who will choose to walk in obedience by faith. Glory to the Lord on high!


3 comments:

Renna said...

I came by to thank you for the comment on my blog today. You have a beautiful place here. Where the Lord abides, there is peace. :-)

Iris Godfrey said...

Just found you yesterday. I enjoyed. Blessings.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ah, what a good post, M2P, and you are right about what an inspiration our "Little Red" is to many hearts. I will be so glad to see her when she gets home--but something tells me it won't be for long!