Sadness was my first emotion of the day. The very first thoughts as I opened my eyes this morning were about the person I used to be about 3 years ago. I was remembering how confident and sure of myself I was and how easy it seemed for me to relate to God and to people. I thought to myself, “this is not a good way to begin my day.” I got out of bed and the first thing I did was make coffee. Then I wondered what devotional might be waiting for me in the morning post. I subscribe to Interned Cafe' Devotions . What I found there was Wishing by Natalie the post had a message that related closely to my needs for the day.
After responding to this post, I got ready for my morning walk. So many times I have taken this walk and wished I brought my camera; but today I had my camera with me. I had stepped off the path for only a few minutes to look at the pictures I had taken up to this point. Sitting there in the grass I realized I was enclosed by nothing but blue sky and cornfields so I took a couple of shots of the cornfield nearby. Surrounded by only nature, I began to tune in more intentionally to my surroundings. This is a place where my mind and body can slow down and I am able to simply be. Away from distractions and everything that creates noise and confusion. Here in

My view of the cornfield reveals a reminder that summer is almost over and it is a time to turn our hearts to the harvest ahead in this season to come. The corn which started out as no more than a tiny seed has come to the point of maturity with the tassels on top in hues of red, brown and gold. Soon it will be cutting time. I have watched this crop as it was first popped through the ground. It has in some way brought comfort to my soul with each pass I have made.

My husband and I laugh about a saying by some farmers in our community referring to the corn. “Knee-high by the 4th of July”. We spent the summer paying attention to the height of the corn as the months passed. We joked that it was thigh high by the middle of July, shoulder high—poke you in the eye by the end of July. And now it is the end of August and the same corn field towers over me. Where has the summer gone? I wonder, but my internal clock tells me it is time for things to change. This is a welcome change thought as it always is a pleasant time of year for me, heading into fall.
These next two are the Last pictures as I left the wooded trail back into the world of people.
I continued my walk down to a little spot by the river, where I often go to pray. I was at peace for the first time all week and it felt good not to have any place I needed to be. The river seems a little low right now, but that doesn't take away from the energy it brings to my spirit. I feel drawn to this place as this is where I often sit and ponder the issues of my heart as I release them one by one to the Lord.
My thoughts when I took this picture were that I wanted to share with you the way the sun dances off each wave. the glistening of the light looked like little stars dancing on top of the water. This picture does not show the true image of what I saw, but it gives you an idea.
As I sat gazing at the light twinkling across the water, I was reminded that I can find the Lord in the simplest things. He has created opportunities all around me to experience him as I look for him in the little pleasures. I tend to be a thinker which is good sometimes, but at other times it is not so good. Today the Lord blessed me with an awakening to how much he is with me, maybe not as I used to know him, but he is with me. I need to note the small pleasures he offers and simply be with him in those little things. Thank you Lord!
Thanks for stopping by...


10 comments:
You take wonderful pictures. The colors are so crisp. I love the last three. The one with the blue sky, guard railing and the tiny blue flowers that match the blue sky. Gorgeous. Then the river with brick wall and the sun beaming off the water. Just Gorgeous!!
You are so right that God takes pleasure in us finding pleasure in His little things.
Blessings my friend.
Paula
That was wonderful. I love to take walks like that. Everything from ants to butterflies to spiders and their webs (great shot of that by the way) are constant reminders of God's Work.
Shannon and I took walk one Saturday at a park nearby, and right on the walking path was a little deer eating right beside the path. As we walked up, it looked at us (much like our Allie does) and then it just continued on eating, like we were just no big deal.:)
Much like laughter, those are such tangible moments with God. No matter what your mood, that time with God touches you. It's hard to imagine how Adam and Eve must have felt like literally walking with God in the Garden.
I'm glad that this walk found you enjoying God's simple pleasures, and I am really glad that you shared them with us.
God Bless,
Amy:)
Oh my goodness! The corn is SO huge! I just bought some sweet corn and tomatoes at the Farmer's Market in our small town of Clarkston. I love the fresh veggies at this time of year! I loved your post. You'll have to look back at it in the months ahead of us where there is SNOW and cold weather! By the way, I love my daily devotional book. "Jesus: 90 Days with The One and Only". Beth Moore has a few of them and they are the best way I can think of to start my day. I've already done, "90 Days with David." and when I finish this one I am going to do the new one on John. It's a great place to journal. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Much love,
Angie xoxo
Paula-I just got this camera from my children for Christmas and I am just now experimenting with it. I love taking pictures as I walk, it slows me down which allows me to note the little blessings all around me.
Amy-you are so kind. I love your appreciation of laughter and it is clear in your writing that you want to enjoy life to the fullest. I'm with you sister. Life it too short not to enjoy.
Angie--thanks for stopping by. Those early morning moments are meant for just what you speak of here. I do my best to spend a little time in the Word. I will check into the devotionals you speak of. I have used My "Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers since early in my walk, but I am always open to new ideas. thanks.
I am closes to Him when I am out in nature too. Love the pic's! I can't wait to see heaven!! Can you imagine how beautiful considering all we have here on earth...?
In His Graces~Pamela
you are right
i did enjoy!
thankyou
Oh My, I feel that I have been taken on a prayer journey. Thank you for sharing your morning and your ministry!
Blessings,
Pat
I popped over from Pat's blog and I'm glad I did! God speaks to me so deeply in nature. It's where I go to unwind and slow down. The pictures are beautiful sentences of the love letter He's given us in creation.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Melinda
This was so lovely! I could picture you down in your little spot by the river, and taking pics. As you know, I love nature too, and I'm noticing the fields, colors, sky, and so on. It helps me think about unchangable realities and our unchangable God.
That is why I so love my morning walks on the "Greenbelt". There is always something there to lift my spirits, a grace note to start my day.
Post a Comment