Do you have a friend who:
- Makes you laugh so hard you cry
- Accepts you, flaws and all, without question
- Is completely real, all the time, no matter what the cost
- Always makes you feel welcomed, loved, special and appreciated
- Is a welcome sight when she shows up at a party or function you were dreading going to
- You love as if you've known her your whole life
- Feels more like a sister than a friend
- Has captured a special place in your heart that can never be retrieved
- Can say, with just a look "Don't worry, I'm here for you; I support you; just hang in there; tough it out; It will be better soon; and I love you."
- Will stand side by side with you in battle until the end without question
I sure do! This woman has been in my life for the past 10+ years. Her love and encouragement have taught me more about how to love and be loved than any other person in my life. I feel blessed and my life has been forever enhanced by having her in it. Bless you my sister. This tribute is to you (Singing Owl). I love you more than words can express.


8 comments:
Sounds like a special relationship indeed. What a blessing!:)
That made me cry. In a good way.
How very precious! You are blessed indeed.
Friends like that are true treasures from God! I am thankful that I have a few friends that are exactly what you describe!!!
What a blessing "Singing Owl" is!
Oh...there is NOTHING like a true friend!!
Thanks for stopping by...I'll be back too.
Thank you for your comment regarding the poem my great grandmother wrote. I truly believe that her prayers helped bring a lot of my family to know the Heavenly Father. I also believe her prayers still are reaching out to others in our family. I would love to have known her but one day I will get to meet her when I reach the other side.
Your blog is great and what a wonderful tribute to your friend.
I also read your post about changing church. I, too, had to make that decision about 30 years ago. It was not an easy decision to make but because my husband felt the need to change and I agreed with his reasons, I was able to make the transition (after a lot of prayer and scripture reading). I have never regreted that decision and those that did not understand at the time came to realize we did the right thing.
God bless you in your journey with
our Heavenly Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit. Please feel free to visit my blog anytime.
AliceE.
This kind of friendship is a true blessing from God Almighty for sure. Unfortunately, I do not have such a friend. It feels the ones who love me most and accept and appreciate me are the ones I've met online.
I use to have a friend like this...I miss her!! These types of friends are so special. What a blessing you have!
In his Graces~Pamela
Post a Comment