Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Enjoying God's Creation

Horses are one of those wonderful creations of God that people just love to look at
.

Those of you who have been following my posts know that I love to go walking early in the morning. I have shown pictures from the trail I walk on in my little town. At the end of the trail there is a pasture where I had the opportunity to take this picture. Horses are such magnificent creatures! I can't help but stop and enjoy their beauty.


The first time I walked near the farm, I noticed three horses that were fenced in and were unable to come into the pasture that was closest to me. That didn't stop them from moving closer to take a look at me, but they stopped at the gate that kept them from coming any closer. When they see me they usually come as close as they can and look at me. I have gone back each time I take a walk to look at the horses in hopes that one day they would be in the pasture close to where I can legally stand without trespassing.

The last time I took my walk I did as usual and stopped to gaze at the beauty of these marvelous creatures and one of then was fenced in within the closest pasture. That is how I was able to get this wonderful shot. I was not there for long, but he saw me right away and made his way over to the fence. He was careful not to get too close to the fence, which told me it was probably and electric fence. I didn't want to coax him any closer in fear that he may inadvertently touch the fence so I stood quietly watching and waiting for an opportunity to take his picture. He knew about the fence tough. He came up to me and stopped just short of touching the it. Then he stood there along side the fence with one eye on my as he nibbled the fresh clover.

I simply enjoyed being with him. God is good...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love horses. They just seem so majestic and strong. Nature just makes you feel close to the Creator of it doesn't it?

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Nice! Maybe you could take an apple and toss it hard enough to send it to him? :-)

Amy said...

That is so neat!

Our neighbor has some horses, and when the boys were smaller, the neighbor let my boys feed them apples and carrots. The horses, as well as the boys, loved it!

I was so struck by the horses too...They seemed just like a much bigger version of Allie...They loved the attention, the petting, and the snacks.

God is good indeed!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Kristen said...

I love horses too! Always wanted one as a kid! My sister has 2 - one looks like the horse in your picture!

Your picture captures a beautiful creature God has made!

All creatures of our God and King! Lift up your voice and with us sing - Alleluia!

Iris Godfrey said...

I love the majestic nature of horses. This one is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!