
My son Raymie suggested I read this book and he said, "Mom, promise me you will read the whole thing no matter what you think about it".
Not long after his prompt I bought it for myself as a birthday gift. I am currently about half way through it. You know the line, "don't judge a book by it's cover?" When you look at the picture on the front and read the write up on the back of this book you may believe it is about one thing, when in reality...what lies between the pages will truly surprise you.
I have been touched by this writers ability to put into words feelings and emotions that make me feel as though I am with the characters throughout. I promise you, your heart will break while it is expanded at the same time. There is no way to explain the contents of what lies behind the cover of this story, but I urge you to give it a read.
I was drawn into the story right away and after reading only a few chapters, I felt as though I knew the main character personally. If you decide to read this book, no doubt you will be swept away in an emotional downpour that will leave you with new insights and understanding about each person of the trinity. Not to be taken literally, but it will tough your spirit in some way. The dialogue is refreshing and enlightening.
Happy reading, I can't wait to get back to it.


4 comments:
I read this just because many were reading and I wanted to know why. I was amazed at what I found! The fellowship descriptions of the relationship of the Trinity are worth the entire time (more time than $) of reading. I agree with you -- well worth the time (and $) to read. I do not have time to read, just for reading's enjoyment most of the time. But I did read this one and am so delighted to have its reality in me as well.
I've heard so much controversial over this. One person in blog land months ago said she tossed it in the trash. I've had it for a couple months. I received it as a free gift from Life Today...you know with James Robinson. I've not had time to read it but will some day. I'm finding it hard to have time between my two Bible studies.
Thanks for the encouraging word on it.
I just received this book in the mail from a bloggy friend of mine, and I started it yesterday.
I am already hooked.
She said that it was a life changing experience for her, and that it helped to deepen her relationship with God.
I'll let you know when I finish it too.
God Bless,
Amy:)
I loved the book...I loved his illustration of the trinity and like you there are things I read there that still resonate with me about how I relate to people....just found your blog and interested in your story..i will be back
Post a Comment