
I am aware of the Lord this morning as I write these words. Our relationship has become something different over the past two years. I sometimes struggle in coming to terms with life as I know it. Doing my best to take from it what I need, my heart seeks to let the old pass away and grasp what is in this very moment.
I realize my relationship with Him is reciprocal in nature. With eyes closed I see myself stepping in and out of this place that in my mind looks much like a dance between me and the Lord. My heart is full and I feel satisfied as I am carried away in his Love. He lifts me off my feet and twirls me this way and that. Such grace flowing between us within the glow that surrounds us. As I allow him to lead, trusting as much as I am able; these are the times when life seems full and I am at peace because I know He holds me.
Then there are times when I do not feel the warm glow of his reassurance and love. It is there I realize he is with me, but seems just out of reach. I close my eyes to catch a glimpse, but my entire perspective has become different; almost opaque. My thoughts become cloudy as I make judgments based on my own view instead of His. Amid the pending struggle, I begin to lose my footing and ability to focus in any direction. The dance steps become awkward and clumsy. It is at this point that I find I have no peace and the presence of the Lord seems faint at best. A lapse of time and judgment usually occur before I am brought back to the reality of my place in the dance.
Oh, but the Lord is faithful and he loves me. Something in my spirit changes just a touch and I am aware that I have been dancing alone. I find him standing right beside me waiting for me to put my hand in his. Unaware that I have let go of his hand for even the slightest moment, I sheepishly turn my eyes back to Him. Soon I find myself with eyes closed and twirling again within his embrace. It's as if nothing has changed...he holds me, and sweeps me off my feet exactly the same way he had before. I am comforted in the reassurance that he looks at me the same.
He allows me to maneuver in and out of this place called "the dance" as it is my own free will that compels me to lead, yet his heart towards me never skips a beat. He looks on waiting with tenderness and Love. Oh how worthy He is of all my praise. I love you Jesus.


12 comments:
Don't you love that when you try to lead... he gives you just enough space as you let go of his hand for you to realize he needs to lead, and you grasp tightly to his loving hand! I love your illustration of your dance with him! It rings true to me as well as I dance w/ the Bridegroom!
That was lovely.
thanks for stopping by my blog...don't mind at all! You don't look old enough to be a grandma!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I enjoyed showing my husband that video too!
Your blog is just lovely, and your grandchildren are beautiful.
My four children are still at home with me (7-17yrs) but they are my insurance policy for I hope AT LEAST eight grandchildren!
That was simply lovely.:)
You asked how I was on my blog, so I thought I would give you a quick update (short version).;)
I am still hurting on the left side of my back...(the new injury that the doctor prescribed the sexy back brace for). It's not getting better, so I have to go Wednesday for an MRI and a series of Xrays, then I see him on Friday to go over the results.
That's all I know for now, but I will do an update after the results I get Friday.
Thanks for asking about me.
Many blessings to you!
Amy:)
This is lovely. I use this imagery when teaching our walk with Him through the Song of Solomon. It is rich in "dance" when one begins to see it.
I am a southern preacher's daughter, and therefore, was not allowed to learn to dance. However, a number of years ago my husband and I were at a small new year's party and an older gentleman took me for a whirl. He told me I did not need to know how to dance, because he knew how very well. He whirled me and dipped me and danced with me all over the room. I loved every step -- I even did very well.
I learned something about the Lord that evening. I do not need to know the steps because He does, and with His hand on my back I will step appropriately. He is so good.
Even when you "feel" you have moved, I suspect you have not moved much. He is still holding, even when we are unaware.
Isn't this wonderful...He's always right there waiting for us, unchanging in His love and devotion to us. He will never walk away...we can and do, even if momentarily.
Thank You, Jesus, for never walking away!
What a beautiful post. Thank you for inspiring me today.
Denise
So beautiful! I yearn to feel Him holding me in His arms.
"Let me love you more" by Misty Edwards has the lyrics, "I'm in love with a Man, I'm in love with a Stranger, I'm in love with Maker whom I have never seen." Amen!
Bless you! I enjoyed your blog.
Beth
Beautiful expression and so well written. Thank you for sharing!
Have you ever thought of writting a devotion?
Blessings to you,
julie
just beautiful!!
I stopped by from Beth's blog. This was just beautiful.
I had read your comment from Beth's regarding how badly you were hurt from your church home and felt like I was reading my own story...thought I would come by and say 'hello'.
I am so glad to see the Lord is ministering to you. Blessings to you today!
Post a Comment