Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Resounding Joy

Resounding Joy!

The coming of the Lord brings a fresh perspective. I find it fascinating how we wait and anticipate this glorious day that signifies the birth of our Lord. Add those emotions to the feelings of starting a brand new year and for many this brings the well spring of hope that has been long awaited.


Revelation 3:20 (New King James Version)

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

This scripture takes me back to a time when I was so in need of a savior. I cried out to him one night when I was alone in my room with little understanding of what I was actually doing. In that very moment when I decided that the way I had been running my life was not working; at that point when I felt I could not take the pain this life had to offer any longer; when I had done all I knew to do and was still in turmoil; that is when I cried out. I had to come to the point when I was totally at the end of myself before I was willing to trust enough to ask the Lord to help me. I felt wretched, battered and beyond repair.

Today he still stands knocking at the door of my heart. Though I have invited him in many years ago...I am well aware that I am not fully His. I would be lying if I said all areas of my life are in order. There are many pieces of my heart that remain in my own control. Those are the ones where I need him to enter. Though he is in my heart, there are places that remain well hidden, that he wants to heal.

With this celebration of His birth and the pending new year, I ask him to come into those areas that I, for reasons I am unsure of, have kept hidden. I ask him to shed light in the dark areas that can be seen by him and possibly others, but I have been unwilling to look at. Today and in this coming year won't you consider joining me as I recommit my life to Him? There is no telling what might happen inside my heart and yours and the stories we might share could bring healing and love to areas of our lives we have put safely away for another time.

For me, I believe the time is now to allow the Lord to truly come into every area of my heart. Today I am willing to go through the process and accept some things. Today my heart has renewed hope for the possibility that Jesus will bring me to a place of healing and wholeness as I put every part in His care. Lord I pray you have Your way in me.

This is a week of new beginnings, new commitments and new possibilities. I realize that most of you have already asked Christ to be Lord of your lives, but if there are any who have not, there is no time like the present to do so. For those of us who have asked the Lord into our hearts and lives...this is a time to recommit to Him. Whatever the case may be...He stands waiting, you only need give him permission to enter.

11 comments:

Amy said...

That is my youngest son, Daniel's, favorite verse.
I have had many of these same thoughts about the upcoming new year. My family has been through a difficult one for numerous reasons, and I want to start anew...and there is only One Person who can help with that, amen?
I pray that you and your sweet family have a lovely holiday weekend together.
Many blessings to you, my friend!
In Christ,
Amy:)

Iris Godfrey said...

Blessing you in your journey. His grace sheds such love in you (Romans 5:5). He loves you fully -- even in the middle of your reserve. I find this fascinating. I think I have put Him off -- but He is only enjoying me.

Anonymous said...

Merry just after Christmas!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

This post made me think of a booklet I used to have--must look for it and share with you--or maybe can find it online. I'll send it to you if I can.

Beth in NC said...

I pray this new year will be a great year for you! We are so blessed to serve a Lord of new beginnings! I've been there with you -- at the end of my rope, crying out for God. Honestly, that is the safest place to be.

Happy New Year!

Love,
Beth

Gilly said...

Have found your blog having seen your comments on other blogs. I wish I could see an end to my wobbly times, but there doesn't seem to be one. But I wish you a very happy new Year, and the very best of times in 2009

awareness said...

I guess i've never formally done something like that. We are made in the image of God aren't we. Our work and how we live our lives is reflective of our role within the Body of Christ. So, I guess the way I see it is that we are always at one with God. I don't feel the need to invite Jesus in, or maybe I just don't understand what that means. It's a concept I'm truly unfamiliar with.
Sure there are times in my life when I feel God's presence much more deeply, and there were years when I closed down the holy space in my soul where my faith dwells. But, I've got an open door policy I guess?

love to you.....may we all strive for that bell chiming resounding joy! It rings so beautifully when faith, love, hope, and joy merge doesnt it?

much2ponder said...

Amy...I pray your family find healing and renewed strength in this new year.

Iris...thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts here.

SO...I would love to read that booklet if you get a chance to dig it out.

Beth...thank you for praying for me and for your encouragement

Gilly...I wish you a happy New Year as well. Thanks for stopping by

Awareness...I guess I am speaking of a time in my life when I made a decision to allow the healing power of Christ to enter my life. I need renewal and continued healing and so to me each day is an opportunity to begin again. If you have such an understanding about God and who you are in the body that is wonderful, but I did not always have that, I needed to willfully allow God into my life. Love to you as well:)

Rainbow dreams said...

For as long as I can remember Christ has been a part of my life, like an invisible friend...and I doubt I would have get through parts of life without him there, although I haven't always felt his presence. Perhaps we need to continually be inviting him in... I guess even if we know we are welcome somewhere it is nice to actually be invited...

Happy New Year and blessings to you, Katie

much2ponder said...

That is so wonderful you have always known he was there RD. Knowing him has changed my live immensely.

Anonymous said...

A belated Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you. Thanks for stopping by my blog!