Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Before Daybreak and more

This was my view from my office window this morning just before daybreak. Beautiful! This picture doesn't do it justice. It was a wonderful way to begin the day and the drive in to work was breathtaking.

This is our new little addition to our family. He is only 20 days old and just opened his eyes for the first time two days ago. Sooooo tiny. We have not decided on a name yet, he is a little Chihuahua. I picked one of the smaller of the 8 pups. I think he will be very small because his father, a long hair chihuahua, weighs in at 6lbs. and mother is only a tiny bit larger than he is.

There were two litters. In the picture below the pup on the left is the one my daughter is getting. His mother is the adult in the picture. My little guy has a different mother, mostly black, but they both have the same father. He is white, brown and black. My little guy looks like his dad only with short hair.

How sweet are these little ones?


I was a little worried about house training this little guy, but the breeder says all the pups will be litter trained by the time they are ready to come home with us six weeks from now. That's right, litter trained. He has four adult dogs and 8 of these little guys and you cannot smell dog at all. Amazing. I'm thinking about a name for this little guy and you know what? It might just be "little guy" What do you think? Kristen might call her's Chacho. Whatever the name...they are adorable.

15 comments:

Beth in NC said...

The picture of the sunrise was beautiful! And the puppy ... oh my goodness! Kissy kissy kissy! So sweet!

Bless you!
Beth

Kristen said...

What an absolutely gorgeous photo. I know how pics don't do the real thing justice... so I can only imagine how breathtaking it actually was!

You pup is soooo cute! Our whippet Jet was litter trained as well. He was extremely easy to house train and I attribute that to the litter training as well as my dilegence to have him NOT potty in the house! Can't wait to see more pics when you get him home!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Aawwwwwwww! Wonder what Ted will think of this one?

Gilly said...

They are just so gorgeous! I'd be frightened of losing them, or stepping on them though! But that's because I've got a large English Cocker Spaniel - we always know when he is around!

But they really are cute!

diane b said...

Beautiful Day break. I bet it was cold.You asked what season we are in. It is the middle of summer, very hot and humid with tropical storms.We need the air con on everyday but I would rather have heat than freezing cold.
The puppies are cute. Call him "Big Fella"

Amy said...

That is gorgeous view to start the day to! God is SO good.

And about those puppies.....sigh....

Is there anything sweeter than puppy breath? So, so precious!

lil kiss said...

I am so excited about bringing this little guy home! I still like the name Romeo! ;)

Iris Godfrey said...

How very precious! Its wonderful they will be trained before you take them home. That can be a hassle with little breeds. Glad this will be taken care of.

You are blessed.

Rainbow dreams said...

Beautiful photos, all of them :) and how fantastic that they will be litter trained by the time they come home.
Romeo is a good name...:) but you will find one that suits his character, Katie

Paula V said...

You are right they are adorable. I would love a dog that stays even that small or only twice the size. I'm not a huge animal lover but something small that doesn't smell would be great. Maybe some day. I think I have a further to go in my fettish though.

Very cute, cute, cute.

Chacho sounds like a fitting name for a chihuahua.

I do like "little guy" but doesn't really sound like a name. How about you look up some names that mean little. What is the word "little" in spanish or another language?

Let us know what you name it.

I can't believe litter trained. That is rare!!!

Too bad you can have him now and watch them him grow these next six weeks. Of course, we know they have to be with momma. Wonder what animals feels when they part with their pups.

The sunrise is gorgeous. I captured the sunset on my cell once but I don't know how to send it to myself/email.
Love,
Paula

awareness said...

The pup is adorable and your sunrise photo is beautiful. I love being up to watch the sunrise from my livingroom....like watching the beginning of a prayer.

names? Fernando? :)

Denise said...

Wow, that is a breathtaking daybreak view. Thanks for sharing such a lovely picture. I love dogs and your new little puppy is so adorable. I think "Chico" would be a great name for him.
Enjoy your little baby.
Denise

much2ponder said...

I want to thank all of you for responding to this e-mail...still thinking of a name. Maybe Fernando, but since I don't actually bring him home for 6 weeks, I have plenty of time to think about it. I appreciate each one of you so much:)xoxo

Iris Godfrey said...

Its me again. I thought of two names: Riley or Alex. He really looks like a Riley. Just my thoughts. Will be glad to hear what you have settled on. Fernando is good too.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh my gosh he is beautiful!! your family is so lucky to have hime (or is it he other way around?!?!?).

Blessings!!

In His Graces~Pamela