Thursday, January 08, 2009

Well What Do You Know?

Well what do you know? I have been given an award and not just any award, it is the Lemonade award! I received this award from my blogging buddy Beth...at I Am Heading Toward My Destiny. Though we have only known one another a short time here in the blogging world, she and I seem to have hit if off pretty well. If you get a chance check out her site. She blesses me with her positive attitude about life. Thank you Beth.

The purpose of this award is to give it to someone who is showing gratitude or a good attitude ("if life hands you lemons, make lemonade") within their life or blog.

The rules:
1) put the logo on your blog
2) nominate blogs that show great attitude and/or gratitude.
3) have your friends pass it along to more bloggers!


I have chosen a few of my blog friends to receive this award because of their willingness to persevere through life's bumps and bruises with a good attitude. Each of you are women with purpose and a desire to make the most of your lives in spite of difficulties. I feel especially blessed to have been invited into your lives, be it through this blog or in person. Thanks for being you and always remember...you are loved:)

Amy...at In My Life I choose you because of all you have gone through in the short time I have known you. You always have something to laugh about and that not only makes your days go better, but all who come in contact with you that are willing to take the time to pay attention. Thank you.

Singing Owl...at The Owl's Song the list of hardships is too long to mention because I wouldn't know where to begin. You get an extra helping of lemonade for your ability to push through one difficulty after another and keep your sanity. Your true heart that seeks to love people amazes me.

Kristen...at My Quiet Place; it wasn't easy going through this last year with all the changes at work, and disappointments in your little family, but you continue to do what you need to in order to make a better life for yourself. I watched as you pushed through the schooling even when you really needed a break and taking the state tests to get your license in cosmetology, while dealing with a lot of opposition from your job and sheer exhaustion. I am so proud of you:)

Pam...at In His Graces has been doing a wonderful job raising her girls as a wonderful role model of a woman after God's own heart. Bless you for your strong desire to show your girls the right way to go and leading them to what they need to stay on that path. You bless me more than you know.

Denise...at Denise's Place because she has dealt with some major changes over the past year and has been able to enjoy life and touch the lives of others with her smile and positive attitude in spite of her own hardships. Blessing to you my friend.

Rainbow Dreams who I feel a strong connection with. She seems to be someone who has been through some things and someone I am able to realte to on many levels. Meeting you here has blessed me. I so love reading your thoughts and your view of the world.

Iris...at Manna Word who could only become the strong woman of faith that she is through perseverance and a hunger to be closer to God. Her example blesses me tremendously and her positive attitude is always an encouragement to me. Your words always touch my heart.

Paula...at His Ways...are not our ways who has a strong faith in the Lord and refuses to give up. Praise the Lord! You are a blessing to so many readers. I am happy to have met you here. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

Dana...aka Awareness who always writes from the heart with honesty and a realness that is refreshing. Seems to be a person who has a good handle on what matters most in this world; people. She is not afraid to share her own experiences. Dana, you have enriched my life a great deal with your genuine and down to earth personality that shines through in every post. You always leave me thinking.

themuddledmarketplace
where I can always find a story...sometimes short...sometimes a bit longer, but always intriguing and keeps me coming back. Has a wonderful way of opening a door to seeing things from a unique perception. Even when things seem down and dreary this blog is written by someone who relates in her own way, but on a pure human level. mmp you bless me in ways I can't put into words. Thanks you for being you:)

Angie...at By Faith...Ang Baylis is a woman with an authentic faith that is full of the real and down to earth life experiences spoken of in the Bible. Her posts come across sweet and pure even when life has not been so sweet to her. Ang is honest concerning her own areas of growth and her willingness to share blesses me. I have found many instances when I have come to read her blog with my own issues weighing on my mind only to leave with my cup overflowing. Thank you Ang. for keeping it real.
All of my blogging friends mean something special to me; each bringing a unique perspective that changes the color of my world with insight, wisdom and understanding. You are to be blessed each one.

10 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Thank you. I wish I was raising them as you make it sounds. I'm trying but they don't seem to have the same heart for God as my husband and I. Pray for us in this. This is encouragening after feeling I didn't do so well with tonights lesson with the youth at church. Thanks.

In His Graces~Pamela

Amy said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me for the award, and thank you especially for your sweet words of encouragement to me!

*Sigh*

My cup runneth over.

God Bless,
Amy:)

awareness said...

thank you so much for the award. I'm honoured. My honesty sometimes gets me in big trouble. :)

Angela Baylis said...

Thank you SO much for giving this award to me, especially today. You don't just read blogs and quickly post a comment. You get to know each of us! You are authentic and a Blessing to me! I'm glad God brought us together!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Paula V said...

Thank you so much. I hope I continue to be an encouragement to others...all for Him. I truly desire the "mission" of my blog to be fulfilled.
Paula

Anonymous said...

heavens! bless u x

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thank you, M2P. God's grace and mercy in my life are amazing. Really! Good things MUST be coming? Right?

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you so much, this is lovely, blessings to you, Katie, x

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... your new blogging buddy didn't even recognize you with long hair on fb. I'm so sorry! I'm glad you received the award. :o)

Your hair looks short in your profile shot here. Forgive me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Love!
Beth

Denise said...

Thanks so very much for the Lemonade award! I am so thrilled and do so appreciate your sweet words and encouragement. You are a doll!
Denise