
Honestly
I'd like to thank my blogging buddy, Dinise , for this "Honest Scrap" award! I just love seeing her smiling face in the comment section of my blog. I also love reading her blog because it always puts a smile on my face. She is generally full of light hearted fun..., go here and see for yourself.Here is what I am supposed to do. List out 10 honest things about myself and then forward this award to at least 7 other blogs that I find brilliant in content and or design. My award recipients can then do the same if they so choose. Don't forget to adding links and then leave a comment for the lucky recipients. Have fun and God bless!
1. I am a social introvert, if there is such a thing. I love people, but can only spend just so much time with them before it is time for me to find a quiet place of solitude. Although there are several things that have taken place in my life that might have contributed to this, I believe I am hardwired to be this way. Working with people all day long can be exhilarating and very rewarding, but at the end of most days, you will find me someplace quiet where I can have my own thoughts.
2. My absolute favorite thing to do is be outside in the sunshine enjoying as much of nature as possible. This is one of the things I do to refill my tank whenever possible.
3. I secretly have always wanted to get into my car with no plan, a little bit of money and just drive to wherever the road leads. I particularly would love to find a little remote cabin near a lake nestled near a wooded area with mountains and a wide expansive sky.
4. One day I will write a book...don't know exactly what it will say, but my heart so yearns to put my thoughts in the written word for my family and loved ones to understand and know my deepest desires and longings.
5. My deepest fear is the loss of a another loved one.
6. One of my gifts is in the area of Art. I love to draw and paint and have a good eye for detail. though I have not taken to time to do this in recent years. Getting those creative juices flowing is beneficial to my ability to keep my brain chemistry in order so I need to get back to it:)
7. I am a native of New York State and often miss some of my favorite foods that can't be found in Wisconsin. Steamed clams and salt potatoes are favorites that come to mind.
8. My husband and I have been together since we were 17 and 18 and he was the only one with enough guts to teach me how to drive. He says he's been following me ever since. Cute!
9. I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar so I can sit out at my campfire while in the cabin in the woods and make up songs. I have had my guitar for years, got one for my 13th birthday, my brother broke it; got another one when I graduated college from my husband, my son used it until it was of no use. Got a new, much nicer one from the son who wore my other one out and it still sits in the case waiting for me to do something with it. I plan on setting up lessons this year.
10. Before I take my last breathe I must see the Grand Canyon. I promised my cousin Sue that I would make sure to make the trip and will remember her fondly when I finally do. She was a woman with a zest for life like no one I have ever met. I miss her.
Many of my blogging buddies may have this award and if that is the case just consider it an indication that you are true and authentic in your writings. The blogs I have chosen are....
The Owl's Song-Is a place I can go sometimes for a laugh, or a tear; sometimes for advice or a listening ear. One thing is for sure she is as true as any friend can possibly be and honest in her writing and in her life.
Building A Temple Body, One Brick At A Time-Is a place I like to pop in on when I want the scoop on what is necessary to keep my body and attitude in proper perspective. Pop over and have a look at this young woman's blog. I truly enjoy her take on things and her insights are far beyond what might be expected for her age. You Rock!
My Quiet Place-Is a sweet blog that I love to visit. She is true hearted and full of life and love; always willing to share her heart, plus she is my daughter. Check out her blog and enjoy her energetic spirit! I love you Betty!
Winds of Change-I love the name of this blog because it tells the truth about the writer. She has been through some things and her wisdom and grace are evident in her charming personality which comes through in her writing.
Girl Found-This young woman has an ability to share her feelings and thoughts in creative, thought provoking ways. She remains true to herself which is refreshing. Take a moment to stop by her blog, you won't be disappointed
Confessions of a Wandering Soul-Though I have been unable to leave a comment on this blog. I love reading it. The words often speak to my heart and it feels like coming home
I'm Heading Toward My Destiny-This woman is so upbeat and positive. She always has an encouraging word to share. She is true to herself and shares from the heart. She seems to take adversity in stride as her sense of humor always looks on the lighter side of things.
His Ways... are not our ways-this blog is written by one of the most honest and open people I have met here in blog world. Her willingness to share and be open touches the lives of many readers. you will be blessed if you stop by and take a peek at what's new in her world.


9 comments:
It's so fun to learn about you mom! things from the past and in the present. I enjoy reading about you!
It was fun learning things about you. I hope you get to do the things that you always have desired - like visit the Grand Canyon.
I love the fact that you embrace grandmotherhood as much as I do! There is nothing like it. I am adding number 5 to my crew tomorrow. Stop in my blog tomorrow and you'll see pictures of the little fella sometime!
In Him,
Beth
I admire how you can be so open and honest about yourself. I'm sad my blog won't accept your comments. Sometimes you do have to "try again"
Awwwwwwwwww. You are so sweet! You are too kind to me, really! I am so behind on my awards and stuff (especially after this past weekend).
I can relate to several of your statements. I want to write a book and play the guitar too. I also love people but like to be alone too.
Thank you again for sharing your award with me!
Love!
Beth
You are too sweet with your description of me and my blog. Thank you.
We have many things in common.
Reading your description of social introvert, I see myself in that. I also desire to write a book or maybe a devotional. If He so chooses me to. I love the sunshine. I fear losing a loved one, particulary unsaved.
I've been to LV and seen the Hoover Dam but we didn't have time to see the Grand Canyon.
Love,
Paula
Thank you so much! Not only for the award but for the beautiful insights into YOU! xx
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your honest facts and getting to know you better. You are such a sweetheart and I love visiting you. Have a great day!
Denise :)
Hi Paticus!
Thank you. I'm SO with you on #3. I've had that desire for decades. If it were me I'd likely head west...not sure.
I'll post the award and my secrets in a day or so.
(((hugs)))
Hey, how come almost everyone you know wants to write a book? ;-)
Thanks so much for the award! And while I really love reading about other people, I am a bit too wary of making myself too naked on a public site!! Can I keep the award for later, perhaps??
Post a Comment