
I just love this picture! I found it a while back and saved it for a time such as this. The colors and even the tiny open beaks of these birds speak of life and newness as they reveal the eager excitement as if something totally amazing is about to emerge. I love spring and I have been waiting for signs of it here in the Midwest. We did have a couple of days where the temperatures got just above 50 degrees and that was so wonderful, but then cold air came back and some snow and then rain...still more cold and wintry weather to endure, but such is life in Wisconsin, eh? People complain about this time of year so much that it is almost as if the weather conditions have an oppressive hold over this region. Perhaps it does to some degree. All I know is, warmer weather is coming and I am ready!

I really do love Wisconsin and the expansive blue skies that often accompany our sunny days. The skies out here are breathtaking at times. I especially love the sunrises and the sunsets. There are actually moments when they take my breath away.

These untouched pictures were taken one from the street in front of my house and the other from the main road heading south out of our tiny town. Though I posted them a while back, I think they deserve a second look. Look at the way the Lord painted the sky so beautiful just for us to see. How awesome is he?

This last picture has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of my post. It is one that I had planned on posting when I talked about being a tomboy a couple posts back. I just wanted to share it. I wonder what this young lady is thinking about. She looks like she hasn't a care in the world. Ahhhh, to be like that again...

I am saying a little prayer for all my blogging buddies today that the Lord blesses your coming days with a bit of sunshine and a freshness that comes with the newness of spring. You all bless me in so many ways. My heart feels full today as I realize how blessed I truly am. Thank you for stopping by! Lord have your way with the hearts of each one...God is good!
15 comments:
WOW! Amazing sunset photos!
And those open beaks made me laugh right out loud! Hilarious, sweet, hopeful!
this post makes me even more excited for spring!!! I can’t wait for mornings like those when the sunrise is so beautiful and the breeze is warm. God is good!!!!!!!!! I love you mom!
those beaks
oh my gosh!
What precious pictures! Those baby birds are something! And wow, the sky paintings ... I can't imagine how they looked in real life!
And yes, to be so carefree as a kid ... ahhhh.
Bless you Sister!
Beth
SO...I just love that picture with the little birds, it makes me feel good inside:)
lk...I am pretty excited also, can't wait to get out of here for a few days over Easter and I think I am beginning to get more excited about being with all my children and grandchildren at the same time. It will be crazy, but fun.
MMP...nice to see you here, it's been a while:)
Beth...Good to see your smiling face here on my blog. Your words always make me smile:)
May we be as hungry for the Lord as these little guys are for some food! A delightful picture.
Spring has always been my favorite time of the year. It's messy and hopeful, and there are always lovely surprises when you least expect them.
I love the sunset photos. May lots of warm weather sweep you away!
Iris...I am in agreement with you here. I pray it be so
I Hope...this time of year usually opens my eyes and my heart to new possibilities:)
Beautiful pictures as usual...and thank you for your prayers...
God bless
Cyrus
I love all of your photos here too . The outdoor vista you have is very similar to the one I am blessed with...and the weather too!!!!!
Last night, I was standing outside with a friend by a bonfire where a big huge VAT of maple sap was being boiled down. For a bit, we stood with our backs warming by the fire watching the ever changing big sky and all we could talk about was how lucky we were to live in a place where the beauty is exquisite, present and ever fascinating. I did take some photos too, but havent had a chance to look at them yet. I may post one later.
have a wonderful day...may it be full of wonder and good hymns.
Hello there!
Thank you for visiting with me at my Fit blog and leaving that sweet comment. I had to pop over and see you and I'm glad that I did.
The photos are absolutely beautiful. Isn't just like our GOD to give us such beauty all around us! He's amazing.
I look forward to getting to know you better.
P.S. I love Beth!!!
Happy Easter!!!!!! To you and your family. Enjoy the joyful beauty of the day.
dana
Thanks for visiting again and the comments thingy behaved itself.Your pics are beautiful and its great to hear your happy tone.
Hope you had a nice easter.
I adore that first photo but the others are beautiful..
Thank you for always popping by even when I fail to get back to you... it is always appreciated ~ you are a blessing to me! Katie
Gorgeous pics of the sky, sunset, etc. Love those kinds of pictures..God in all His glory in the sunsets and sunrises.
Post a Comment