Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Loving Colorado and the Kids














Looking a bit sleepy in this photo with my daughter Kristen; had to get up at 4:00 AM to make our flight on time, but it was so worth it because we were in Colorado by 8:45 and had the entire day to spend with the kids


Day #2 took a trip to the mountains. If you look closely you will see Pikes Peak, the view was breathtaking.

This is me with my sweet little girl Kristen. She was sad because her husband Aaron could not be with us on the trip.

Me and my husband Ray

Andy our oldest and his wife Kristine

Ray second oldest and his wife Melissa in action!

The wonderful three
















Andy and Kristine again...just as we were walking out the door. I made them pose for this photo. Kristine's eyes are a little red; she was crying because we were leaving; how sweet. She was so good to us the whole time we were there. We will miss you too Kristine.

Princess "O"

Ethan, Papa and Grandma

The last day of our trip we took the three grandchildren, Emily on the left, Olivia in the middle and Ethan on the right to the park for a little kite flying expedition. The weather was beautiful. Sunny and almost 70. It was a good way to finish out our
trip.

and....no trip would be complete without ice cream!


Princess "E"

19 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Awwwww! Looks like a great time!! The pictures are wonderful and you have a beautiful family. :o)

LisaShaw said...

What a precious family you have and it's awesome to see that everyone is loving and close. That's a special gift. Obviously everyone had a great visit. My hubby and I have talked about visiting Colorado for years. Maybe one day we'll do it.

Bless you dear one.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh, beautiful mountains! (And beautiful eyes on those women in the first picture, tired or not.) And the kiddos--oh my--they have grown! They are so beautiful--Ethan too, but don't tell him I said so. So glad it was a good time.

Anonymous said...

Blessings upon Blessings! How wonderful to spend time with your family in that beautiful place. I lived in Colorado two times in my childhood years, and went there often on vacations when we lived elsewhere. It is a beautiful place -- love Pikes Peak. Thanks so for sharing with us through the pictures of the scenery and of your family.

diane b said...

How joyous to be with family and everyone looks so happy. gorgeous grandkids too. Lucky you.

Rainbow dreams said...

What gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing them...
Am pleased you had such a good time from the sounds of it.
You and your daughter look so much alike :)

AutoDT said...

Looks like you had a great time...and such nice photographs...

God bless,

Cyrus

awareness said...

I enjoyed seeing new photos of your family. Big smiles all around....its nice to see

Paula V said...

Nice family.

How's the new pup coming along?

Gilly said...

Lovely photos of lovely people! And great scenery too! You will have such happy memories of this wonderful trip. thank you so much for sharing them with us.

SLC said...

Beautiful family. Beautiful scenery.
All together. Love is recession proof.

Robin said...

You are right the greatest pleasure in life...it to be a grandmother! I have been a grandma by choice over the last five years but...in June my son and his wife will be having a Baby, it is exciting to walk through this journey. I love being a grandmother.

Thank you for the encouraging comments on my blog.

Ayesha Parveen said...

Such beautiful, heart-warming pictures of a loving family! May you always have happiness in your heart. Thank you very much for visiting my blog and leaving comments.

:)
Ayesha

Angela Baylis said...

What a nice time you had! I LOVED seeing all of your pictures! Those last ones made me want to go have an ice cream cone!
Love to you,
Angie xoxo

much2ponder said...

I just want to send a heart felt thank you to all of you who have taken the time to stop by my blog. Those of you who have been with me for a long time...and those who are new to my blog. All of your comments are appreciated and considered. I believe that as our lives touch we are changed in the process so again thank you. xoxo

lil kiss said...

Love how you put this blog together. very cute!!!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Hey! Remember me? I was doing a little surfing while my patients slept. What great pictures of your family! I long for that closeness. My teenager and I are struggling right now. Hold on to that closeness!

In His Graces~Pamela

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures, It is great seeing Love in action! Have a blessed holiday....

diane b said...

What afabulous family you have. Great photos You all look like you had a great time. You look far too young to be a grandma, lucky you.