In this picture you might note the cute guy standing in the cleft of this rock with me. That is my husband Ray. We have been together for over 30 years. Actually we grew up together, being we met when I was 18 and he was 17 years old. Yes that is correct...I am older.Ray and I have gone through many things in life while raising our four children and have come to a place where we are truly growing in our understanding of just how much we need one another.
All the kids have grown and gone and now it is only the two of us. We have three dogs and a cat, but as for people, it's just me and Ray.
Learning how to live our life without all the drama and excitement that comes with a house full of kids has not been an easy challenge and figuring out who we are in the process has stretched us more than a little, but I think it would be safe to say we are finding our way out of the empty nest and putting our new wings of freedom to good use.
I just wanted to take a few moments to honor the one the Lord has blessed my life with. Jesus is my rock, but Ray stands beside me in the cleft of that Rock and there is no other place I would rather be. Thank you Jesus.
I Timothy 4:4
For everything created by God is good...


30 comments:
Thoughtful words...
God bless,
Cyrus
very awesome! I love you mom!!
When you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, no better than to be with the one you love. Enjoy yourselves as much as you can now that you are free of constant kid demands. Remember have adventure before dementia.
How can I know what is the desire of my heart. I am a believer and it has always puzzled me. God has PROMISED TO GIVE ME THE DESIRE OF MY HEART, the problem is I don't know what it is and God hasn't told me!
Cyrus Rumi...Good to see you again;)
lil kiss...I love you too!
diane...thanks for stopping by. We are going to take your advice. You always make your adventures look like so much fun. I'll stop over for a look see:)
monnas...hello! Thanks for stopping by. As the desires of our hearts unfold we step into them with our hand in his and I guess we are all in that same place where I don't really know where he might be leading us. One things is certain though. He has put that desire there and if we are obedient to his call and listen to his voice...he will get us there, right?
Oh I am right there with you! After raising a houseful of girls and now with 5 grandkids, sometimes when it is just me and my husband, it just seems so empty! I like the chaos of all the kids around.
Words to ponder,
Beth...thank you for stopping by. It has been a bumpy ride these past several months as you can imagine, but I am thanking the Lord for opportunity to grow:) He has been faithful.
I love that picture! And I love you guys too. :-)
How wonderful!
Make the most of it, you never know what might happen to change your life completely. Like it did to me.
Beautiful...I do look forward to those days. I can never get enough time with my man. I want many, many years with him!
Enjoy that time!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Praise our Lord! What a very sweet picture. Thanks for sharing with us.
SO...thank you, we love you too:)
Gilly...I am doing my best to enjoy every moment and embrace change as an opportunity to grow.That is good advice. Thank you for your words of encouragement
Pamela...change comes so quickly. We don't always know it when were in the middle of the happenings of life, but one day we find that everything in our lives, including the chaos is no more. That is a time of finding ourselves again.
I think both Ray and I had to adjust to our lives with fewer distractions. So much of who we are is wrapped up in our children it seems. Adjusting our perception of our identities has been key in unlocking our ability to embrace life as we stand together peering through this new window God has given us.
Iris...thanks for stopping by. I miss you:)
wow thats so sweet
A beautiful picture...
I think we are always growing, and especially in understanding how much we need one another - and the trials we live through together help that grow.
I sometimes worry about life when the kids are grown up and flown the nest...but always best to cross our bridges as they come I suppose!
I'm older than my husband too, not by much... but it's good.
Good to see you again,
Katie
x
bluedreamer...thanks for you words of encouragement. You bless me
RD...good to see you again. You speak words of wisdom. Blessings my friend:)
What a beautiful testimony of an enduring relationship that God has blessed you with. Thank you for all of your positive comments today on my blog. Your faith is a wonderful blessing.
Sunny...thanks for popping over. I have enjoyed reading you blog and following you as you take on new challenges with grace.
This is such a sweet, awesome post. I am very happy for you. xxx
What a very good post. I applaud you guys for loving each other dearly despite of the challenges,. You are one good example especially in the States.
btw, I am now following you.. Hope you can visit sometimes. Thanks!
What a loving post. 30 years is an accomplishment that few people has. Thanks for sharing!
just dropping by here
have a great day ahead and happy blogging
Joops...thank you for you kind words and thank you for following my blog. I will pop over to see your as soon as I finish with this message:)
chubskulit...good to see you here. Thank you for stopping by.
Bluedreamer...Hi There! I pray you have a wonderful day as well:)
Nice picture wow 30 years is quite an achievement I still got 2 teenagers at home and yes I wasn't prepared for it.
ah well part of life. Must be nice to have your freedom again.
Take care
Marja...good to see you, back blogging. How was your trip?
Thanks for visiting my blog. My hubby and I both love hiking so those rocks look like quite an adventure. Sounds like your marriage has been one of those great adventures as well. Congrats on your wonderful marriage.
Kathe...thank you so much for stopping over. Your blog blessed me so much.
Hey dear friend, this was a beautiful expression of the love you and your husband have together for 30 years now. Awesome!! You two look great together!
Blessings and peace upon you both and your family.
hello there my friend
the second season of Blog Idol just got started
you can now cast your vote in my blog (www.bluedreamer27.blogspot.com)for the best song choice through Poll Survey
Survey will last only up to three days
i hope you can have some time to vote
hope to see you there
have a great day and happy blogging
Came back over dear one to say, I have a giveaway going at my FIT blog if you're interested.
I pray all is well with you and your family.
Blessings!
I am with you...I am learning too. I have four children also, however two are still at home. I am ready for an empty nest.
Post a Comment