Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Desire of My Heart


Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your heart's desire.


The desires he has placed in our hearts...he will bring to pass. Pursue a heart that is pure and he will purify it because that is his heart toward you.


Thank you Lord for your promise that you will give me my heart's desire as I take delight in you. I feel compelled and driven to grow in my ability to discern the desires of your heart Lord because I know it is you who has placed the desires of my own heart deep with in me. As I grow to know you more, my ability to understand the desires of your heart will lead me to a better understanding of the desires you have place in mine. In turn giving me the ability to glorify you in my life. I want to delight in you Lord in all ways. Help me to be able to trust my heart's desire to you as you unfold in me the reality of your truth. Your grace is sufficient and you give me more than enough, in the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


14 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen!!! God woke me up from sleep and told me to look this verse up a couple years ago. I have held onto it ever since. At that point in my life my desire was for health, and He has definetly brought it as I have taken delight in Him and sought His will.

surjit singh said...

Amen!!!!
Thanks Much2ponder for your kind visit to my blog and sharing your insights.I love your blog.You are a noble soul.
God bless.

much2ponder said...

Nicole...thanks so much for stopping by. I spent a little time on your blog and was truly blessed. I will stop back again in the near futrue.

surjit...I appreciated your blog so much. Thanks for taking a bit of time to come over to mine:)

Warren Baldwin said...

Good verse. Another one I like about heart's desire - Psalm 20:4 - "My he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." I also like your prayer that or heart's desire conform to the will of God (you stated it better). Good post.

Beth Herring said...

Have you read Priscilla Shirer's books "He speaks to me" and "Discerning the voice of God"? I think that you would LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Very good post. You bless me.

Gilly said...

Amen!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
much2ponder said...

Warren...thank you. Your words bless me this morning.

Beth...I have not read the books you speak of here. I will look into them though. Thank you!

Iris...you bless me more:)

Gilly...good to see you here. Hope you have a blessed day.

bluedreamer27 said...

oh thats is so inspoiring thanks for sharing it my friend
have a great day and happy blogging

much2ponder said...

bluedreamer....thanks for stopping by again. Blessings to you this day. Have a wonderful weekend :)

Unknown said...

Love your site, thank you for visiting, check out my sister site www.samaritiandiva.com have a blessed weekend!

much2ponder said...

SD...thanks for stopping by. I will take a closer look at your other blog when I return home from my trip. Blessings to you.

bluedreamer27 said...

God is so great he's guiding us towards our way