Pondering a few things this evening after visiting a dear friend in the hospital. It is quite strange isn't it, how we all plod along in this life in hopes of the day when life will be easier. I mean we seek relief from the many challenges and struggles in our lives with this deep desire to one day be free of it all.It seems the longer we live the the greater the chasm between the challenges in life and this much sought after "relief". There are times when relief seems just within our grasp though. We reach out with arms extended and fingers stretching toward the object of our desire; straining just to glean a taste of refreshment with the goal just inside our grasp only to find ourselves in yet another difficult situation. Isn't that the way it seems to go in this life?
The question now turns from a need for relief to the understanding of what is sought after in difficult times. It is about hope isn't it? Simply expressed, we hope for a better life. One that is maybe a bit easier. Perhaps we hope for an existence that reflects the promised purpose in a way that no other can fulfill.
In thinking about this I realized our hopes often have more to do with the direction and meaning of what we hope for than hope itself. Our hope is often wrapped up in something that we would like to see happen or something that would make our lives seemingly more fulfilling or complete. The more I thought on this subject the more I realized that we often hope for things based on certain conditions or outcomes in mind.
This opened my mind to the idea that if we focused our hope on something else, we would likely not be without hope when things didn't work out as we had planned. If our hope is wrapped up in what the Lord wants for our lives and we are able to truly trust whatever it is that we hope for to his care, we will not feel let down because our expectations would not be based on our own understanding.
Our hope can no longer be in something we would like to see come to pass, but in what the Lord might have in store. Hope in him is limitless. I guess it really comes down to trust and believing he truly does have our best in mind. Our hope must turn in the direction His heart wants to take us because His Love is perfect and He will not disappoint us.
What is it that you hope for today? Give it to the Lord and allow him to create what he has envisioned for your life since the beginning of time. God is so good; better than good!


22 comments:
May the beloved angels bring to you all that you hope for now and forever always.
Angel Blessings
Beautiful post that went straight to my heart.
Thank you - Beth
This is well said and much needed in times today.
This says it all: "Our hope can no longer be in something we would like to see come to pass, but in what the Lord might have in store. Hope in him is limitless."
Bless you in your sharing and in your walk with GOD.
hello got an award for you
hope you like it
http://bluedreamer27.blogspot.com/2009/05/interesting-blog-award.html
happy blogging
I finally made it over here to read this. It brought tears to my eyes.
Hope IN GOD never disappoints.
I am thinking of the first song I remember singing as a "special" in my childhood church. It was "The Solid Rock" and my knees were knocking behind the pulpit. Here is the first couple of lines,
My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
The chorus says,
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand,
all other ground is sinking sand.
I think I will find that song online and listen as I recall the other verses.
May you have a day full of hope, my friend! Me too.
just dropping by here again
have a great day and happy blogging
Ted...thanks for stopping by.
Beth...you are a blessing:)
Lisa...you always encourage me and I am glad you stopped by for a bit of input.
Blue...thanks so much for the award, you are too kind.
(((((SO)))))...you mean the world to me woman!
Wow, it looks like we had the same thoughts in mind...it is about hope and we need to embrace the climb as we push in. This is a timely message, there is always going to be another mountain to climb. It is true at least from what I have experienced in life the longer I live the greater the chasm between life circumstances and the rest relief.
I have a huge mountain in my life to climb and at times hope in finishing well seems like it will not come, it is only my hope in Christ that will get me through.
Thanks Robin...I was thinking along the same line as you it is true...
They say "great minds think alike" maybe it's true:)
Hi, I linked here from Robin's blog. I appreciate this comment in your post: "Our hope must turn in the direction His heart wants to take us because His Love is perfect and He will not disappoint us." This is a very good statement. Why do so many people give up on hope and even on God? Because the things we hope for may not be what God hopes for. I hope and pray that God turns the economy around ... fast! But what if he doesn't? His purpose may be that we struggle economically so he can produce something in us. If we don't get on track with him, we could be sadly disappointed! You encapsulated a profound discussion in a short phrase.
I saw on your bio-sketch that you teach ethics to inmates. Wow, I teach it to college students and thought that was tough. I'll bet it is rewarding, though.
Again, good job on the post. WB
What a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing it. Puts a new twist on the word - for me anyway.
Also, thank you SO VERY MUCH for stopping by my blog today and leaving that sweet remark. I think my blog is just plain ridiculous sometimes, as I write about silly, mindless things, and I'm also sporadic. I don't even know how I wound up with followers. hahaha. I love to write, though, so when I need a break from writing for my deadlines (and my brain feels dried up) I hike on over to my blog!
It is so nice connecting with you. Hope to see you again sometime!!!
Love and Hugs...
This is the first year I've ever tried to memorize Scripture. I hope to have 24 by the end of the year. You just spoke about HOPE. Romans 5:5 was my first one in January I'll always remember it to be the first verse I memorized! Hope does not disappoint us, like people do! Thank you!
Much love and hope...
Angie xoxo
Warren...it's nice to see you here. Thank you for your encouragement. I suspect teaching the adult male population that I teach is likely much different in comparison to what you teach. I thoroughly enjoy the two classes I teach. Personal Development and Character/Ethics. Probably the most valuable thing I get out of it is seeing things from fresh perspectives. I love it also when I see the men begin to grow in confidence based on fresh understanding regarding the value system they choose to live by. We learn as we go.
Sharlene...thanks so much for stopping by. You bless me so much with your enthusiasm for life and keeping things real. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Ang...good to see your smiling face here. I have missed you. Thank you for your words of encouragement:)
I really love what you said about it coming down to trust believing He does have our best in mind. I guess it's the question of the century for me, do I really believe in His love for me? Not for other people, because I know that to be true, but for me. Seems like the rules change in my situation, but why should they? Thank you for writing such a clear message of hope and love.
hi there just dropping by here
happy weekend to you and have a great day ahead
DSSD...you are welcome. I know the feeling all too well that you speak of in not understanding or perhaps, believing that we are loved as we are. But I have been freed in this area and my prayer is that you will also be free in this area. You are loved...no strings attached as you know and you may not want to know this right now, but there are things you may wish were different about yourself that the Lord has made a part of who you are for a reason. We just don't know how much is flaw and how much is meant to glorify him. That is why we must learn to love ourselves as we are, not as we think we should be. We will likely never fulfill the IDEAL we have for our own lives, but if we walk as best we can in obedience to him and his word, we will fit his IDEAL. God is so good...you are loved:)
Bluedreamer...thanks for popping on over here again. Love to see your smile.
Hi, Pat - aka Angie. haha
Loved this post about HOPE. It occurred to me that most of us spend our lives hoping for 'things' rather than placing our 'HOPE' in Christ, the only One who truly has our best interest in mind and can give us all the 'things' we need in life.
It has been great happening upon your blog. I pray the Lord's richest blessings on you and yours.
Hugs...
Thanks for visiting Bible Fountain, the nice comments, and following. I appreciated your prayer, too. WB
It was so good to hear from you!! How have you been? I have missed you too. The only time I seem to get to blog is when I have down time at the hospital when I work a night shift. I just had to swing by and say "HI"-I was so excited to see your post! I will stop back by~Pamela
Sharlene...thanks again and here's a wink and a smile for you ;)
Warren...you are welcome and I hope to see you again soon.
Pamela...so good to see you here. If I lived a bit closer we could have a nice chat over a hot cup of coffee. You are a blessing:)
that was beautiful mom! When I feel I need some lifting up I will come back and read this again :)
Betty...you bless me so much:)
Post a Comment