Sunday, November 09, 2008

I Truly Am Blessed

Autumn seems such a full time of year; full of color, full of warmth, full of beauty and full of life. The signs of autumn seem to capture my internal clock. Without even realizing what is happening to me I find myself enveloped by the slowing of my heart and mind in this season more than the others.
The chill of the crisp cool air gives reason to break out sweaters and warm woolen socks. The lure of a crackling fire gives a warm feeling of home. With the contentment of the season I often find myself drawn to quite times with a warm cup, a good book and a comfortable corner in my favorite chair.
The trail in autumn with a brand new set of earth tones

Mindful of the many blessing I have been given My heart is warmed and I take comfort in knowing that I am loved. Realizing too that no matter how confusing or difficult life seems to get at times, I have much more to be thankful for than to complain about.
This single leaf holding on to its last bit of life says so much to my heart

God has blessed me in so many ways...it is a wonder my heart doesn't burst out of my chest with all that it contains. He is good and He is faithful! I am simply amazed by the simple pleasures life has to offer; especially this time of year.
Thank you Lord!

The horse at the end of the trail

10 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I feel this same way about fall. Usually it is drizzly and miserable but this year has been so wonderful. When it is like this it is my favorite time. I was thinking of you today, and wishing I could walk your little trail with you. Maybe we can do it before snow piles up. :-)

Amy said...

Such beautiful thoughts! God is so good to us all in so many different ways..BIG and small...We just need to take the time (like you did) to notice.

Have a wonderful day!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Shanita Waters said...

Hi... Thanks for stopping by my blog. this is my first time here and I ABSOLUTLEY love it. Your a great photographer. The fall is my favorite season as well and I love earth tones.

Be Blessed!
Shanita

Shanita Waters said...

Hi... Thanks for stopping by my blog. this is my first time here and I ABSOLUTLEY love it. Your a great photographer. The fall is my favorite season as well and I love earth tones.

Be Blessed!
Shanita

diane b said...

What a beautiful post. You are blessed just to be able to experience the Fall. We don't get it here in tsub tropical Brisbane but the southern states do.
The photos are stunning and I would love to walk your track with you.

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Kristen said...

What a beautiful description. I too love fall and find myself doing the same... slowing down and preparing for the solace and rest of winter.

Beautiful pictures. I love taking walks with you via the internet!

Kristen said...

What a beautiful description. I too love fall and find myself doing the same... slowing down and preparing for the solace and rest of winter.

Beautiful pictures. I love taking walks with you via the internet!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I LOVE fall too!!!

I'm with you...God has truly blessed me beyond measure. We truly are a blessed people.

Angela Baylis said...

I haven't been here in awhile and I've missed you! I love your heart and how you stop to appreciate your blessings. You bless me every time I stop here. I love Fall, and I love your pictues, too! I do enjoy the changing seasons, but dread our long Winters. I know you can relate! Today it's sunny, and that makes me happy!
Much love,
Angie xoxo