Sunday, April 26, 2009

Longing of the Human Heart

"What a man desires is unfailing love"

Proverbs 19:22

This says so much to my heart tonight as I key these words.

The reference above speaks of the fact that the human heart is constantly searching for a safe place where it is able to truly experience love and understanding in ways that are fulfilling to itself. We spend a good deal of our time here on earth trying to find a place where we feel truly loved and understood. As my mind turns to the reality that there is no person here on earth that can fill this need in any other I feel compelled to continue to seek in order for the desires of my own heart to be fulfilled.

We often look to people and relationships to fill this gaping hole in our human existence when there is no human being that can ever fulfill this need. It cannot be done on human terms. The word unfailing in itself should be enough to help us to realize that this is a fact. The reality is that this type of love that is unfailing is something we can attain once we stop looking in all the wrong places.

Just pondering...

17 comments:

Beth in NC said...

So true sweet friend. I am guilty of looking for love in all of the wrong places (as the old saying goes). All I needed to do was look UP.

Bless you,
Beth

LisaShaw said...

Amen!

I think most of us looked for love in all the wrong places at some point in our lives but when we came to know of GOD'S LOVE FOR US THROUGH JESUS CHRIST it changes things and thank GOD for that heart change!

Blessings and peace dear one.

Gilly said...

The flowers are called here "Bleeding Heart" though their real, boring name is Dicentra. And our hearts often bleed, even when we look to God, the pain here on earth can be so great.

But praise God, he heals and restores us despite our pain.

Unknown said...

CROSS - symbolize love God ( represents by the vertical line) and peers (represents by the horizontal line.) So stay focus on the cross, you find love everywhere and anywhere.

Grace to you and peace from God,

much2ponder said...

Beth...we are misguided at times aren't we? If we leave it up to what we need at any given time, we miss Him totally and find ourselves moving farther away from him instead. You bless me so much.

Lisa...So correct here, thanks for your positive message, seeing your face always brightens my day:)

Gilly...you are a flower expert! Thanks for the information. I love the Bleeding Heart plant, have two of them in my back yard; one white and one Red. They are a beautiful reminder of how intricate yet simple God's plan truly is.

james Oh...thanks for your thoughts here. Makes me think a bit further on things and thinking is a good thing right?

Anonymous said...

Maybe just pondering -- but really good and true ones. Blessing you!

much2ponder said...

Thanks for stopping by Iris...I have missed you. These thoughts are not new, but I think the vantage point from which I now see them could be. Love to you:)

Paula V said...

longing...yes, how my own heart longs for it's desires to be fulfilled by God.

I love the bleeding heart flower. I shared it in one of my posts at some point...I think it was on my post about sharing my heart. Sometimes I feel like my heart is like the bleeding heart flower...continually bleeding...anticipating the day the blood clots and pain stops.

AutoDT said...

Beautifully expressed...

Thank you for sharing...

Cyrus

much2ponder said...

Paula...so glad to hear from you. Blessings my friend in your new house endeavor.

Rumi...always good to see your smiling face. Thanks for stopping by. I'm heading over to see what you got going on.

Beth Herring said...

GOd's love stands when all else fails.

I just love those flowers!

Denise said...

Well put, m2p!
I have been away from Blogland for a while and am back and getting caught up today. Very nice post.
Denise

much2ponder said...

Beth...thank you for the encouragement. It means a lot.

Dinise...good to see you again. I've been missing your smiling face:)

Linda S. Socha said...

Lovingly and deeply expressed...our heart's desire ....unfailing love...for us all
Linda

Robin said...

How true, our hearts long for safe places to express feelings and to be understood. You are right we need to stop looking in all the wrong places...there is only one place where the love we find covers our heart, mind, soul, and strength.

much2ponder said...

Linda...thanks for stopping by, it's been a while.

Robin...I spent some time on your blog yesterday and tried to leave comments on your other blogs and was unable to do so. It seems to be set up differently for some reason and I couldn't get it work.

Warren Baldwin said...

I've just read several more of your posts. I like your emphasis on hope, relationships and prayer. And looks like you guys had a blast in Colorado. We moved to Kansas from the mountains of Wyoming and love going back whenever we can. We have a son in Bozeman, MT (soon moving to Cheyenne) and a brother in Bozeman, so we go back whenever we can.