Some of you know we left for New York last weekend for a short visit to see some people we have been missing for the past few years. I am posting a description of our trip by use of my cute little camera. If you find this boring, I understand, but if you are interested, continue to scroll down for a brief photo synopsis of our short but full trip. We decided before we even left home that we were going to take this trip and have fun no matter what!

Here we are in flight. Ray hates flying, but he was good sport and tried to smile anyway.

Just above the clouds after takeoff

I love the sky from the window view

Here we are just about to land in Syracuse, NY

Our first unannounced stop. We popped in on our good buddy Johnny without warning and had a nice little visit. This is a neighbor we loved when we lived in NY 13 years ago.

Then I called my best buddy Kathy and wouldn't you know it, she made time for us that very moment. I didn't expect to have time to see her so I did not tell her ahead of time that we were coming. Once I heard her voice on the phone I knew I was home! It was just like old times:)


This is the rental car we were blessed with. It was a brand new HHR with only 2000 miles on it. We loved it and now we are thinking about purchasing one of our own, but we both agree it must be RED!
My brothers Chris and Greg; so good to see them both!

Me and Chris could pass as twins, don't you think? Well, I mean if he had more hair

Here's my uncle and his wife


The Reunion

Here's Ray!

Our view from our motel room over looking the outskirts of Watertown, NY

The perfect way to end our trip was with a first time meeting with a blogging buddy of mine.
Iris and I have been conversing via, blog and through correspondence for over a year and we finally got to meet.

This woman is as sweet and kind as she looks. We enjoyed her words of wisdom and candid sharing of her views. It's funny how the Lord will bring people together. Our visit was way too short, but very full of love, laughter and common a bond which is the Lord Jesus. God is good!

Time to return our car...we were tired and though it was another short trip, both Ray and I agreed it was time to go home.
13 comments:
Pat,
You both obviously had a wonderful time and I'm so glad. The photos and descriptions of each are beautiful. What precious memories have been created for you and your husband on this special trip.
God is so good!
Love ya.
I am with Ray! I hate flying so much!!
Beautiful pictures and I pray that you had a marvelous time.
What a precious sharing! Thank you for allowing us to share the joy of your friends and family through this picture log. It was delightful to share "Jesus" time with both you and Ray. The Lord is so very good!
Lisa...so nice to see your smiling face. Thank you so much for your kind words, been thinking of you lately.
Hi Beth...how are things in your corner? I have been a bit out of the loop, I will pop over and see what's new soon.
Iris...you bless my heart lady. I'm so glad I met you:)
Wonderful. Made me smile...Ray does look at bit tense at takeoff...loved the arial view of those lovely green hills and the town...you with your best (NEW YORK) buddy...lolol...and most of all the pics with Iris! God is good!
Hope your trip was as wonderful as it looked!
wow it seems that you had so much fun there
nice to see that through your photos
by the way sorry for not being here around lately
i just got sick
but now im okay and im back with my daily blogging routine hehe
thanks for your support for my blogs and for your visits too
have a great day and God Bless!!
You had a wonderful time, I can see that! Visiting is so much nicer when you have friends to call on, and are not just tourists!
SO...thanks for your words of encouragement. I miss you
Warren...blessings brother, hope all is well in your corner.
Bluedreamer...you always bless my heart. I'm so glad to see you this morning.
Gilly...how have things been? It's been a while. I'm glad you dropped by.
Had you on my heart tonight. Came by to say I was thinking about you.
Isn't it great to catch up with family and friends. you seemed to pack a lot into your short trip. I hope it recharged your batteries. It must be fun to meet a blogger.
What a great life affirming trip!!! It was nice to see all the smiles. Glad you and Ray enjoyed yourselves so much....
ps. I hate flying too. :)
Thank you for thinking of me Lisa, you are such a blessing to me.
Diane! It has been a while, my fault totally, but I am so glad to see you again:)
Awareness...good to see you here. I have been a bit out of touch with blogging, and I have missed you.
Post a Comment