Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Day Begins


Stop worrying.

Whatever it is that you must do to follow the path

that God has shown you

do it to the best of your ability.

and when you have done it

Move on to the next thing.


Don’t keep rerunning it in your mind

trying to decide

whether your efforts were too little

or too much,

whether it was a great deed or a small one,

whether you might have done better.


If it wasn’t sinful

and you were trying to do the will of God,

it was enough.


Don’t worry. Move on.

Simply.

Calmly.

Peacefully.

Follow the path the Lord shows you

free of anxiety.


Otherwise

your anxiety will undermine

your efforts to grow.


If you do fail,

don’t let anxiety

overcome you,

but admit your failure, quietly, humbly,

and in God’s presence.

then go on with following the path

that God will continue to show you.

13 comments:

Beth Herring said...

That was beautiful. Awesome words with a great message.

Merry Christmas!

In Him,
Beth

Warren Baldwin said...

Did you write this poem? Very good. The verse I thought of when reading this is "we are more then conquerors" in Christ. Good post.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Wishing to you and your lovely family Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year!

much2ponder said...

Beth...thank you, I received it from a friend it was like a daily devotion, but I do not know the author.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

We must stop worrying and start living, following the path of faith of the common good. Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family!

much2ponder said...

Warren...I must admit, I did not write this poem, but I love its content. It has spoken to my heart as I have read and reread it over the past couple of months so I thought it would be a nice piece to share.

Pivos...thanks for your well wishes. I am praying blessings over you and your family as well this holiday season and through out the year.

FEED YOUR MIND said...

hi pat
How's your Holiday?
Wish you all the best
have a great day and happy blogging!
Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Thanks Pat for sharing. Bless you.

much2ponder said...

Feed...thanks for stopping over and I wish the same for you this holiday season and all through the year.

Iris...always a pleasure to see you;)

AutoDT said...

Happy New Year!

Cyrus :)

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I wish you dear friend by heart the best for the year 2010! Happy new year!

Warren Baldwin said...

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.